PSE Organizer

Nica

Does anyone use the Organizer in PSE? I just downloaded PSE 24 and am trying to figure out a workflow. I'm used to using Picasa (I never figured out Bridge in CS5 either), and have pretty much given up and gone back to it even though it's been replaced by Google Photos. Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA

I have used PSE organiser for years now. I have all my stash sorted in different files. Alphas, Fauna Flora, clusters,templates, quick pages and so on. It takes a long time to sort everything in. Once you are done, remember to do backups. In that way, when you upgrade, you don't lose anything. Just remember, once you have put something into the organiser, do not move the fill on your hard drive. I work with an EHD. All my photos and stash is there. 

I also always used Picasso and I read somewhere that Google photos works the same way. I don't have a clue where to start sorting my photos and scrap stash in. I want to be able to do a search for eg. Papers so that all the papers would come up. Don't know if I'm explaining properly.  

54 minutes ago, Belle said:

I also always used Picasso and I read somewhere that Google photos works the same way. I don't have a clue where to start sorting my photos and scrap stash in. I want to be able to do a search for eg. Papers so that all the papers would come up. Don't know if I'm explaining properly.  

Belle - I've never used Picasso, so I will not be able to do a comparison for you. I organize in One Drive by subject folders. However, I do store some things in Google Drive and Google photos. When I am using File Explorer on my PC, in the search window, which appears as G:/,  I am able to put in a term to search and the items come up in the window.

If you have a Gmail account, you do have access to free limited storage in Google Drive and/or Google Photos. You should activate your account and experiment with it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Ladies! @Belle Google photos works the same way as Picasa as far as I know. It only has a 15 GB limit for the free account and that is shared with everything Google (Gmail, Docs, etc.). Since my stash is WAY bigger than 15 GB, and I have no desire to pay for the storage it would take to move everything to the cloud, I keep everything organized on a SSHD and backed-up on an EHD. 

Picasa seems to still work just fine, although I did turn off the option to upload to Google Photos. I'm just worried that it will become corrupt since it isn't supported anymore. I have everything sorted into folders labeled with what they are (Papers, Embellishments, WordArt, Alphas, Templates, etc.) and by collection and designer (I'm an old DOS person so my file structure is a bit complex 🤷‍♀️), so searching in File Explorer is possible as well. I just like that Picasa lets me compare things side-by-side from anywhere and pin things that I like.

• Thanks 1