White Elephant (it's time)

beatricemi

Welcome to the White Elephant Gift Exchange!  In the next post, I will list all participants in order according to the number each person was randomly assigned.  This will be the order in which you will choose your gifts.  As we go along, keep an eye on this thread so you know when it's your turn.  To help you, I will also tag you when it is your turn, and I'll tag you if someone has stolen your gift from you - which means you'll get another turn! (If you're tagged in a post, you'll get a notification, which you can see by clicking the world icon at the top right of the page, near where your profile name shows up).

HOW THE GAME WORKS:  When it's your turn to pick a gift, you may either steal a gift that has already been "opened" by someone else, or you may choose a new unopened gift.  If your gift is stolen from you at some point during the game, then you will get another turn, to either steal another gift from someone else, or choose a new gift.  

RULES:  

1.  You may not steal the gift back that was just stolen from you.  

2.  Each gift can only be stolen twice.   

3. The third person who "owns" a particular gift gets to keep it, and that gift will no longer be in play.  

4.  The first person to choose a gift (first to take a turn) will get a chance at the end of the game to decide whether to keep the gift she has at that time, or steal a different gift from those that are still available.  Only fair!

5.  We have a lot of participants, and so to keep the game moving along, if someone doesn't drop in within a 12 -hour period (give or take) to take their turn, we'll move on to the next person.  The person who missed their turn will be able to make it up at the end. :)

I will be tracking who has what gifts and how many times a gift has changed hands; you will also be able to see that info on the game board.  I'll be updating the game board and posting it in this thread each time a gift changes hands.  This game will continue until the last person has had a turn and all gifts have settled with their new owners.  We have all month, right?  🤶  Try to check in as often as you can, though, to make sure it's not YOUR turn!
(Order of players is listed in next post. I used a random name organizer.)

1.    Grace (GraceJ)
2.    Anne Marie (A-M)
3.    Carla (CRS)
4.    Nica (move to end)- done
5.    Jane (Jane in N.Z.)
6.    Carolyn Kite
7.    Cheryl (wvu fan04) (move to end) done
8.    Mikelle
9.    free space
10.    Hilary (English Rose) (move to end)
11.    Marilyn (MariJ)
12.    Marlene (Figment) (move to end)
13.    Tracy (Conda will play for Tracy)
14.    Kat (KatL)
15.    April (AprilShowers) (move to end)
16.    Diane (Florida Granny)
17.    Conda (Sodscrap)
18.    Laraine (ScrapGran)
19.    Celestine
20.    Amy (Mimes1)
21.    Linda (LindaH57)
22.    Belle

New Rotation

Nica 
Cheryl (wvu fan04)
Hilary (English Rose)
Marlene (Figment)
April (AprilShowers) 

• Like 1

Here is the game board @GraceJ you are the first person to choose a gift, you will also get a chance at the very end of the game to decide whether you want to keep whatever gift you have by then, or steal a different gift from among the gifts that are still in play. 

Choose one of the photo squares in the graphic below and post your choice.  I will then unveil your gift! 

bingo2.thumb.jpg.017ee216652251571e8a54afa47010fc.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LindaH57 said:

Good morning, I just wanted to check to see if I am the Linda at number 21? I know there is another Linda and I always use LindaH57. Thank you so much for hosting this game!

It is you. Maybe I should update and include user names. I'll do that now.

3 hours ago, beatricemi said:

Unless I am forgetting how to play @GraceJis first. You are 11. Hopefully your gingerbread man is still available. So once it gets to your turn you can steal or pick. Does that make sense? @MariJ

Oh gosh, this is me not paying attention or seeing the list!  Sorry about that Bea and Grace, my mistake, it's been a crazy day.  I apologize - and I even know how to play this game!  I'll pay attention now and 11 is even a lucky number for me!  :ssig_oops_100-100:

PS now I know why - I wondered why no one was picking!  :hit-head-with-hammer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, beatricemi said:

This game reminds me of the watched pot lol- it only boils when I'm not watching. Carla you have won a Value Pack. Congrats!!! @Nica  It's your turn now!!

But, actually it's fun and suspenseful to let it play out S - L - O - W - L - Y.......................    

So it's kind of fun that we are in different time zones and having different days and activities - so we have to wait!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikelle said:

I have my eye on someone's prize... I won't say who yet.  I also have my eye on one of the covered squares... what to choose?  I'm #8, so I'll have to wait, ugh!  😩🤣

I'm #11 so I have to wait, too. But I have to stop looking because I'm seeing too many great prizes to steal... or, wait a moment... there are still such cute things on the tree. Oh, dear, what to do???

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

I'm #11 so I have to wait, too. But I have to stop looking because I'm seeing too many great prizes to steal... or, wait a moment... there are still such cute things on the tree. Oh, dear, what to do???

Exactly my dilemma last night! I decided to put more presents out there in the end, just to see what thievery will occur!

• Haha 2