February's Book Club Choice! :)

blueheartscraps

Hello, hello fellow book lovers! I'm both nervous (about picking a book that we hopefully all love!) and extremely excited (about reading and scrapping some...hopefully...great books this year!) and hope to see quite a few of you joining together with Chere and me on this new adventure.
To start us off for the month of February, I've chosen the book Impossible to Forget by Imogen Clark.
You can read the book's description on the image below, or by visiting the book's Goodreads page here:
Impossible To Forget

ImpossibleToForget.thumb.jpg.9bb04b439b4dd6f7f09fbbfa956c926d.jpg

Feel free to grab the book and begin reading at your convenience.  I will post a discussion thread on February 1st with a few talking points and questions to get the discussion started, but don't worry. We'll discuss the book all month long, so no need to rush!

Amazon Book Link

Happy Reading! :) 

Sadly, I am unable to purchase this because it says "This title is currently not available  for purchase".

I am trying to get it for my kindle so maybe it is not available for me here in Australia. 

HEHE had to return a book so I could borrow this book 🤣 Guess my kindle unlimited max was met 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Okay, here goes, when I finish  my current book.  Looking forward to this adventure with you all.  

• Haha 1

I am SO excited to see so many replies of interest this afternoon!

Like Tracy, I've got to finish my current book before I can start this one, but that's probably for the best...if I race through this book, it's going to be very hard to wait until February to discuss it! ;)

A-M, I'm very sorry you're having troubles.  Give me a little time this evening/tomorrow to see if there's anything I can figure out, and I'll message you.

I ordered the book from Amazon today, coming tomorrow!   I was going to put it on my Kindle but I thought it might be hard if I wanted to flip back and forth to find something in a discussion.   We'll see!   😊

• Like 1

@blueheartscraps  I tried from the Australian Amazon website and was able to purchase the kindle version.  I might start reading it today as I was about to start another one so will put it to the side for now. I am not a very fast reader unless the story really catching my attention and I cannot put it down. 

Well, I have just read the first chapter and I think I will enjoy this author's style of writing.

Do you all know how to share a "spoiler" privately?    You type your message and change the colour of the text to white - type ( not in white) " spoiler alert"  and if someone wants to read it they highlight it with their mouse and it will show up.

Example of  spoiler alert:   I do like the Author's name as my oldest granddaughter is Imogen. 

• Like 8

I will jump in and am happy to find that this book is not only part of Kindle Unlimited, but also has the audio option!  Ever since I got Covid last summer and during that time I couldn't seem to concentrate on words in a printed book I decided to try audiobooks and I am HOOKED!  I love listening to audiobooks as I can make progress in the book while I am doing other things around the house or even during a quiet afternoon while at work.   

How fun!  I've never been in a book club before.  I LOVE to read!!  I JUST finished a series so I will look for this one!  

Just curious, those who have Kindle Unlimited, do you love it?  How many books do you still have to purchase?  Does it include audio books too?  I realize not EVERY book is available on KU.  I just don't know anyone who has it so I'm curious.  It might be worth it for me!  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SodScrap said:

How fun!  I've never been in a book club before.  I LOVE to read!!  I JUST finished a series so I will look for this one!  

Just curious, those who have Kindle Unlimited, do you love it?  How many books do you still have to purchase?  Does it include audio books too?  I realize not EVERY book is available on KU.  I just don't know anyone who has it so I'm curious.  It might be worth it for me!  

I love love love my KU. For ten dollars a month I can read all I am able. There are tons of books to choose from. The most popular authors still require you buy their books. So I buy about 30 books a year and read about 100 more on KU. I am willing to try new authors if they're KU or even one of their books is KU. Its been the best thing for me and I have yet to read a book twice since I got my KU. I use to read the same books over and over because I couldn't stand paying $8-15 for a book and not liking it. Library too far away to make it worth it for me. I have found some amazing authors and wouldn't have found them otherwise. I can also cancel if I find I dont use it enough but so far that is not the case. I have a wishlist devoted JUST to KU books so that when I read one, I have another waiting. You're allowed I think ten books at a time and I am always maxed out LOL If I am not scrapping I am reading. And at least an hour a night at bedtime so it was worth it to me.  

• Like 2

I agree with everything @Tracy said above!

I've been really busy lately with other projects (scrapbooking!!!!.....) and things, so my reading has slid off quite a bit in the past year. Just last week, I was wondering if my Kindle Unlimited subscription was still worth it at $12 per month (it was $9.99 for many, many, many years), so I went back and checked my usage and compared it with going purchase prices for books. If you read even 3-4 KU books a month, you will probably find that you are paying for your subscription.

• Like 2

Conda, a lot of books that you can get on Kindle Unlimited you can also get on Audible for free.  This book for our book club I downloaded for free in my Audible Library as well, so I can go back and forth between the two (reading and listening) and that makes me VERY happy!  I'm not as experienced as my hubby is with KU; he and my daughter use it more than I do, but what I do know of it I really love.  Maybe give it a try for a month and see if it serves you well?

I'm so glad to see so many of you joining us!! 

• Like 1