March's Book Selection

blueheartscraps

Hello, hello fellow book lovers! I'm SO glad you all seemed to enjoy this month's book so much (I've enjoyed reading your discussion question responses so far; they've given me a new outlook and appreciation of some parts of the book!) -- hopefully this next book will be as well received!
For the month of March, I've chosen the book Call the Canaries Home by Laura Barrow.
You can read the book's description on the image below, or by visiting the book's Goodreads page here:
Call the Canaries Home

MarchBook.thumb.jpg.b775d21e6aa426ff36c09cd9d18fbeb4.jpg

You can purchase a copy of the book on Amazon using the link below (look! I picked another book that's part of Kindle Unlimited -- that seemed well appreciated last month!) :)

Call the Canaries Home on Amazon

Feel free to grab the book and begin reading at your convenience.  We will post a discussion thread on March 1st with a few talking points and questions to get the discussion started, but don't worry. We'll discuss the book all month long, so no need to rush!

• Like 1

I will not be taking part this month as I recently bought another kindle book so the budget does not stretch to two. 

I still haven't finished February's book - I thought it lasted until the end of the month!  😱     I'll have to really sit down and read it so I can start the next, I'm going to check the library since I'm home now.  😊

13 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I still haven't finished February's book - I thought it lasted until the end of the month!  😱     I'll have to really sit down and read it so I can start the next, I'm going to check the library since I'm home now.  😊

You're fine! The discussion thread for this month's book will be open until the end of the month (technically, we won't ever really "close" the thread, so you can still comment after February is over)...and there's still a scrapping prompt that will come out the 20th.  We just post the next book early to give people a chance to pick it up and read before all the fun gets started with it :)

• Like 1

I have 3 e-Library cards to use with the Libby app but none of them have it. I was able to buy a Kindle version for $5. It also works for a prompt for a reading challenge I’m doing. I just have 2 audio books I have to get through first. 📚☺️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tracy said:

Well. Stayed up till 11:00pm to finish the book! Was so good.  I wont say anymore but hurry up discussion time LOL

That's great!  I'd better get cracking on finishing the first one, but always seems there's something else I must do when I have time.

11 minutes ago, MariJ said:

That's great!  I'd better get cracking on finishing the first one, but always seems there's something else I must do when I have time.

Ahhh see, I learned how to ignore the house and read LOL And the youngest is a teen so I dont have to feed him other then dinner 🤣 So I have lots of time to sit and read. And I read in bed every night. I've always loved reading so from about 7 I learned to read over all else 🤪🤪🤪 Drove my mom nuts sometimes.

10 hours ago, Tracy said:

Ahhh see, I learned how to ignore the house and read LOL And the youngest is a teen so I dont have to feed him other then dinner 🤣 So I have lots of time to sit and read. And I read in bed every night. I've always loved reading so from about 7 I learned to read over all else 🤪🤪🤪 Drove my mom nuts sometimes.

Haha you made me laugh and I get it, really!  I was always the same, as a little girl I'd come home from the library and lay on my bed and read, read read until my Mom had to stop me!   Problem is now, besides chores I have other things like scrapping and crocheting to name a few - that I also like to do so everything fights for my time and unfortunately reading loses out!   Now, that is not the case in spring and summer because I love to be outside so that becomes #1 and I take my book and sit outside and read.  Once it's summer and I'm at the town pool I'll read almost a book a day!   But, for now when it's cold and I'm inside I get pulled by other things....    It's hard being a grownup.  🤣

• Like 1