Digital Scrapbooking Pagination

melmolly

Hello, I am new to digital scrapbooking, but not new to graphic design. I have Photoshop CS and have been putting together a Christmas album for my dad's b-day gift. The problem is, now I have all these pages put together in jpegs (flattened from PSD files), but I have no idea how to put them together so that my dad can "leaf" through them a page at a time digitally. I could put them in a PowerPoint presentation, but I would be counting on him having PPT. I am not sure he has this program.

Maybe I am making this way too hard. Please help - anybody!
Thanks,
melmolly

Guest siraacsa
I have recently printed mine out on my home computer using Glossy photo paper, trimmed them (cause I scrap in 8x8) and popped them into a album designed for paper scrapbooking. They look great and my kids love being able to look through the book rather than sitting at the table watching the screen saver.

Oh, and welcome to Scrapgirls, hope you decide to stay awhile.

I print mine. I also burnt a DVD (just using PSE) for grandparents for Christmas this year - got all of the timing right and even set it to music...

Dear CFPMOm, how did you add music? I was planning on burning a DVD and printing the pages out for a scrapbook he could have for a keepsake, but I still would like to give him the digital version - he loves technology!
melmolly

We use the pinnacle for making slideshows with music. (or without) It is great for editing your videos as well. You just drag and drop the files in the program. DH uses it for Scout Court of Honor slide shows all the time. Will try to find the birthday party CD someone sent home with my daughter that was done with another program. (So I can see what it was.) There are lots of ways to do this.

There was the option to add audio right in the slide maker portion of PSE. It was pretty easy. You could also use Adobe Premier Elements. Like April said, there are lots of ways to do this. You could also do the PowerPoint - you can download a free PowerPoint viewer online if he doesn't have PowerPoint.

Guest Imputed Designer
I found the PSE slideshow very easy to use also. I'm not sure how CS is set up, but for Elements, there is an option to "Create" and when you click on that the option to "Create a Slideshow" comes up. Then I just followed the prompts to add music and it even has an option to let the program synchronize your songs so that they match the amount of photos.

HTH :)

Guest gauchogirl
Both powerpoint and Acrobat let you make "Stand alone" files that he can play without having to have the program installed.

[quote name='melmolly' post='94630' date='Feb 3 2007, 03:24 PM'][quote name='gauchogirl' post='94564' date='Feb 3 2007, 11:58 AM']Both powerpoint and Acrobat let you make "Stand alone" files that he can play without having to have the program installed.[/quote]
[/quote]

Hey, Everyone!
Thank you so much for all your replies, but guess what? I discovered a cool little tool in Photoshop CS to paginate the scrapbook and save as a PDF. For those of you that don't know how to do this, here you go: Choose Window > File Browser > Select correct folder where your files are saved > Automate > Select PDF Presentation, then select the options you want for the presentation you would like (sort of like in PowerPoint). It is fabulous, and just exactly what I was looking for!!!!
Thanks again,
melmolly

Archived