File Organization On Mac

farabee

I use Expression Media 2 for my organization. It's very similar to ACDSee.

One thing I love about it is, usually, if you move something outside of the program it causes broken links in the program, but Expression Media doesn't do that. It knows where you moved it to.

I'm not even sure if I'm using the program right as I'm lazy and haven't read the tutorials except for when I needed to know something, but it's very easy to use. I just drag the files from my download folder into the program, assign them to categories, and then move them to my Scrap Girls folder. I know it's a more powerful program than how I'm using it, but it works fine for me in the dinky way I'm using it.

They also have how-to videos to watch on their website. Maybe I should watch them some night to see what this program actually can do!!!

You can download a trial version here

That says something if I still use Shoebox in spite of lousy customer service! It could be a GREAT program if they would just do a couple of things...... Judy

Thanks Judy. Shoebox sure does some odd things! It's too bad they have such poor customer service and that they don't get these bugs worked out because other than those things, it's a good program.

Nancy, I emailed Shoebox to ask for a license code for my laptop and they sent me one. :) They were very friendly!

Thanks! That's actually great to know - I sent one just now. It might not lead to anything, but it's worth a shot! I was also playing around with the preferences and noticed that there's an option to add the keywords to Spotlight Comments automatically, which I'll definitely try when I have the time. If I can get everything commented into Spotlight and then transfer the files en masse to the laptop, I can just use Spotlight when I'm not at home.

Nancy

Archived