Template For Frames

I bought the embellished frames template. It can in bits and pieces, not like the layered templates I have used before. What do I do with all those pieces. Completely lost.

Thanks for any help. If someone could direct me to a tutorial, that would be great. I use PSE5

Peachy

I am not sure I know what product you are referring to, but I am guessing that it's an older ScrapSimple product. If you could post a link, I could help you more. :D

Going from that assumption, what I do is to open all of the pieces for one of the frames. There are probably several .png files. Move all of the pieces onto one document. They should drop right into place, but you'll have to make sure that they are in the correct order over in the layers palette. Once you've got them all stacked up on one document, save that document as a PSD file. Then, the next time you want to use it, you'll just need to open the PSD file. You are basically creating your own layered template.

If the pieces don't drop into place when you move them onto your new document, try holding down the Shift key as you drag from one window to the next.

Scrap Girls didn't start sending a PSD version of their ScrapSimple products until a couple of years ago, so everything older than that has to be assembled from the .png files. It doesn't take too long, and once you've done it, if you save it as a PSD, you won't ever have to do it again.

Post again if you have any problems! Or, if I've misunderstood your question. :D

I forgot to say! When you are trying to figure out what order the layers should be in, look at the file name of each piece. They are usually numbered or have a letter at the end to let you know what order they should be.

Archived