Cleaning That Scanner Bed!

Guest LauraT

How do people clean their scanners? No matter how much I spray and rub, there are still smudges, streaks, and worst of all, DUST all over! Then I have to edit it all out of my pictures. I have used Windex, Windex wipes, Lintfree cloths. Help!
:banghead:

Laura

Laura, I use a special microfiber cloth that is designed for taking finger prints off photos. The brand name is Spontex and I found it in the scrapbook section of my local Michaels.

HTH

For those of us who scan photo's know that often we leave our finger prints behind which can make for some bad scans or have children that touch the monitor (we know not to don't we, yeah right! heheteehe) there is some great instructions for cleaning these as well as all the other things we often forget to clean up, e.g. our computer cases (those get quite dusty), keyboards, mouses, monitors, etc. at [url="http://www.computerhope.com/cleaning.htm"]Computer Hope[/url]. Also, there are things you can cover your monitors and keyboards with that will help minimize dust when they aren't in use. These are very handy to have. ;) Hope this helps! :)

P.S.
Never poor any liquid or cleanng solution directly onto any of these things, always put what you are cleaning with onto a soft cloth instead. I always use lens cloths which I get pretty cheap. :)

Archived