Torn Paper Template

Joey

I am still salivating over Belle's layout of June 3. I rushed right to the store and bought the SSPaper_Ripped and Torn. I have placed a paper over a template, clipped, and changed blending mode to overlay. Not the same effect at all. Tried hue and saturation adjustment. Still not right. Color of paper is gone. Wrinkles gone. Rip does not look like rip. What am I missing?

post-22303-0-21163700-1407450006_thumb.jpg

Some techniques and colors of paper look better with other blending modes. I always end up cycling through most of them to find the best choice.

Please include a link to the specific product you purchased, as I found "Ripped" or "Torn" but not the two titles together. Maybe we can help more if we know which product. Hope so.

That said, it's not clear Belle used an SSPaper on that layout. You might send her a message to ask. I think the paper came prefinished.

Hmm, I was looking at the layout and if I'm looking at the right layout, it looks like one of the torn edge papers is prefinished as Barbara mentioned and comes from Faded Beauty Collection Mini. I don't know about the other torn edge though. Again, as Barbara mentioned, you may want to contact Belle for more info. HTH

I was incorrect in my product name - I am using the ripped and rolled templates. But when I attach a paper I lose the roll aspect. I started with overlay and then scrolled through all the blends and just couldn't get a good effect. I did pm Belle to get the product she used for the papers. I guess I could pm her again as to how she achieved her effect, but thought someone here could help now.

I know this may sound dumb but is it a .png file you are using or the layered .psd? I have had this before... am here and happy to walk you through if you need some help? Will keep the window open :-)

I used the rolled paper from this collection. I also use the Ripped and Rolled papers. I did not worry about the colour of the torn edge because I wanted it to contrast. I find it quite difficult to match colours to papers so usually leave the torn edge a different colour.

Recolour Digital Elements

Recolour using Hue and Saturation

ScrapSimple Paper Templates

Have a look at this page: Scrap Girls Foundational Digital Scrapbooking Tutorial List

Recolor SS Paper

Hope this helps

Thanks to some advice from Jode I was able to make a pretty good paper. She pointed out the fact that the Ripped and Rolled templates are .png rather than .psd, which I think makes a huge difference. I did not clip, just used overlay mode for paper and then erased away from torn edges.

Thanks, Belle. Will have to take a look at the Faded Beauty Collection. Trying to get beyond the basic square paper layout.

Archived