Rotate Eraser Brush In Pse3?

Guest uules

Hi all,
I am hoping that someone can help. I can't seem to be able to rotate a brush when it is used as an eraser. I know how to rotate the cross hairs when the tool is the brush, but when it's the eraser tool, I loose that option. Am I just missing something here?
Thanks and stay warm!

Took about an hour but I found it! Hope this helps. It may tough to read but I don't know any other way to send it to you.

When using the brush if you click on options, put your curser in the box to the right of the circle thingy that says angle then move the pointer so that you can see the brush hovering on your LO. Use the up/down arrows to make the brush move in the direction you want. If you know you want 0, 90, 180, -90, -180 you can put those in manually.

The options are not available for the eraser tool that I can find so what I do is use the brush in black 100% opacity and once I have it like I want it, go in with the magic wand, select the black and delete!

--------------------
Dee
2500 Posts by March 20 somethingth! LOL

My Gallery

Scrap Girls University

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM

Report PostGo to the top of the page
+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
Leigh Ann
post Nov 8 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #11

Good Scrapper

Group: Members
Member No.: 5419

Thanks for the idea, Dee! And, Lori, I'll try turning mine into 4 brushes at all angles. I need practice making brushes anyways.

Thanks everyone!

Leigh Ann
User is offlineProfile CardPM

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
crush4dolphins
post Nov 8 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #12

Scrapper Next Door

Member No.: 1306

Warn: (0%) -----

QUOTE(sailbeachcatz177 @ Nov 7 2006, 07:18 PM) *

When using the brush if you click on options, put your curser in the box to the right of the circle thingy that says angle then move the pointer so that you can see the brush hovering on your LO. Use the up/down arrows to make the brush move in the direction you want. If you know you want 0, 90, 180, -90, -180 you can put those in manually.

The options are not available for the eraser tool that I can find so what I do is use the brush in black 100% opacity and once I have it like I want it, go in with the magic wand, select the black and delete!

Thanks that works great with the arrow keys. I'm still working on the eraser one. I got it to work once and that was it. I'm trying to remember how I got it. Do you put it on a separate layer and then merge?

--------------------
Jennifer

Delete PostEdit Post+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
sailbeachcatz177
post Nov 8 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #13

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

Group: Scrap Girls Welcoming Committee
Member No.: 2816

Yes I put them on a seperate layer, once I have it like I want it, I merge and delete the black!

--------------------
Dee
2500 Posts by March 20 somethingth! LOL

My Gallery

Scrap Girls University

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
crush4dolphins
post Nov 8 2006, 12:04 PM
Post #14

Scrapper Next Door

Member No.: 1306

Warn: (0%) -----

QUOTE(sailbeachcatz177 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:56 AM) *

Yes I put them on a seperate layer, once I have it like I want it, I merge and delete the black!

Thank you I thought I did it something like that. You're wonderfull:)

--------------------
Jennifer

As far as I know, you can't rotate an eraser brush like you can a regular brush. You have to rotate the individual layer and then use the eraser. To rotate a layer, go to Image>Rotate>Layer 90 degrees (or however much you want it). Just make sure you rotate the layer and not the whole canvas because it takes longer that way. I hope this answers your question.

Of course!
Both ideas would certainly work. Why is it that you sometimes get so "into" a problem you can't think outside the box - like rotating the layer or erasing the brush selection? ARRGGHH
My sanity thanks you!

Guest Sharebear57
I can't imagine why they haven't made it so you can rotate the eraser! It would made life so much easier if they would add that feature.

Archived