Texas Scrappers?

Now Daises803, I know for a fact there's not much between Denton and McKinney... not unless you count the new North Dallas Tollway Extension... ;-)

Anyway, I'm in McKinney, between the DNT and 75, up near HWY 380... Of course I work in Plano... but I won't complain my hubby commutes to Irving...

Just thought I'd say Hey... sorry, been hanging out with non-Texans - "Howdy"!

yeah..there's not much...but it's growing..and fast! I'm on 380, there are 3 master planned communities just west of Hwy 423 (towards Little Elm and west Frisco), we're in one of those. It's very cool....each one has it's own elementary school and ours has the middle school for the area. So nice to have the schools within 3/10s of a mile.

I'd take Plano over Irving too. my dh heads to Carrollton...so it's a good drive for him.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, our Texas girl list is growing, and anytime you want that lunch Joy - I'll be there! I know you work, so whatever day is good for you is good for me...

And, I believe you daughter lives close to me...

And, now Audrey (sweet audrey) does too.

and, Sara (Canela) lives near Camp Mabry... not that far away...

And, Kasevers (south Austin)

But, I think then we start getting further out of central Texas... into Denton, Houston, Woodlands, etc... don't know how we could do that..

• 1 month later...
I scanned the board and never saw Texas. Surely there are more than a few from Texas. I'm in central Texas not far from Waco or Temple. Texans... Identify yourselves!

I'm in Temple! I haven't lived here long, but I would love to communcate with another digital scrapper from this area.

LazyLady

I live in East Texas... but travel to ALL parts of Texas pretty frequently. (Although Toni, it's been about a year since I was in the Midland/Odessa area) I've been to every other city mentioned within the last 2 months.

If you organize it, I will come. (paraphrasing Field of Dreams)

So...lets get started.

I guess When and Where would be the next question.

Do ya'll think Austin would be easiest? Daytime, Evening, Midnight? hehe.

There are tons on places we could meet at- Austin Park and Pizza, Trudy's for Margaritas (I know you Texan gals like margaritas), The Dell Diamond (catch a game, bring the family), anywhere....

This will be exciting if we can really get this going...I'm a SAHM and love any socializing I can get! Everyone throw out suggestions!

:gathering::circle::having-a-party:

So...lets get started.

I guess When and Where would be the next question.

Do ya'll think Austin would be easiest? Daytime, Evening, Midnight? hehe.

There are tons on places we could meet at- Austin Park and Pizza, Trudy's for Margaritas (I know you Texan gals like margaritas), The Dell Diamond (catch a game, bring the family), anywhere....

This will be exciting if we can really get this going...I'm a SAHM and love any socializing I can get! Everyone throw out suggestions!

:gathering::circle::having-a-party:

Well, I can't drink alcolhol, so that is out for me.

I'd prefer a ladies only.....

And, Not midnight....

But location and any time of day would work...

I'm up for traveling to central TX. It is only about 3 hours and one of that is spent getting out of Houston! I am game for anything. If we could get it organized before the end of August that would be great! My kids head back to school then, so it will be a little more difficult to get away. I love Trudy's!!!!! Probably a little noisy for a get together, but maybe we can meet somewhere more quiet for lunch and organize an evening event later. :penguins:

I'm up for traveling to central TX. It is only about 3 hours and one of that is spent getting out of Houston! I am game for anything. If we could get it organized before the end of August that would be great! My kids head back to school then, so it will be a little more difficult to get away. I love Trudy's!!!!! Probably a little noisy for a get together, but maybe we can meet somewhere more quiet for lunch and organize an evening event later. :penguins:

Ok, by me...

I have a few dates, I won't be available, but free most every other day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all!! I'm from north Texas as as well. Elizabeth, we are neighbors. I'm in Fairview, just south of McKinney. That's north Dallas to everyone else. We're transplants, but have been here 13 years and love it.

I havent forgot about this at all, I promise! But there is this Basket of Doom that is driving me just about batty, and the gallery comment challenge that I am doing HORRIBLE at!

Lets see....how do we get this organized?

If possible, PM me with dates that you know for sure you arent available, I know Miss Debilou has told me of some dates that she is unavailable, and I would like to get as many of you wonderful Texans there as possible. When does school start back for the kiddos?

Also, are weekdays best or weekends?

I don't mind planning this at all, in fact, it gives me something to do and to look foward too.

I think we are all in agreement that Austin is the best meeting point right?

I can't wait!!

Weekends would definitely be easier for me. The kids start school Aug 25th, but I can still make it after that date just a few more things to juggle - but do-able. Austin is the most central I think. Probably easier lodging as well. This is going to be fun!!! Let me know what I can do!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not originally from Texas, but we've lived in San Antonio longer than we have anywhere else (ex-military) so it's home now.

I am a Houstonian also. I actually live in Katy but drive in for work everyday. I am originally from what I call "West Texas" but Canyon, TX some people say North Texas.. Where the wind blows and the tumble weeds are the native plant.. HA!!! Good to see all the Texan's.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I heard you calling Debi! I'm still wanting to get this planned, I promise.

I never got a PM from anybody...so, I guess I will just throw some dates out there and see what we can arrange.

A Saturday will probably will be the best. If some of you, like Jenn, will be having to make travel arrangements- is a month in advance long enoughy?

I am not going to the SG Convention (its my best friend's wedding), but I do want to keep that date out for those of you who might....

So...we have:

October 4

October 18

October 25

If you need more time in advance...just say so...

As for place and time....lets narrow down a date, and I'm going to do some researching.... we will be meeting in Austin, one of the coolest cities IMHO, so we have to go somewhere cool and eclectic!

Ok girls....what date works best for you?

Archived