Okay, Now I'm Nervous

Zaz

I actually got what I wanted - the 6 x 8 Intuos 3 by Wacom. It's so pretty that I have to clean up the desk now. I love the little blue light at the top that lets me know we can play now. I got out the pen and couldn't believe how sensitive it is. Didn't even have to touch the screen to get it to do stuff. Then I drew a picture. It's rather primitive, but I tried a bunch of things. I think having a Palm Pilot all these years has helped a bit, too.

It seems it does far more than I anticipated. The buttons on the side make me nervous. I'm not quite sure what to do with them. I looked at the tutorial, but at the time it seemed like it was in a foreign language. I think I'm in a "new technology fog". The same thing happened when PSCS2 appeared on my screen instead of PSE2. Can anyone tell me what they use their buttons for? Any great suggestions for using this new wonder? I know it's got more than just a pretty face. Did I mention how sleek it is?

My DH truly believes the old adage: Happy wife, happy life. Can't believe he got this for me for our anniversary. Last year I got a pinky ring (and it was our 15th). ;)

~Zaz, basking in the glow of a little blue light

Okay Zaz, help me out. What is the purpose of the Wacom? I have seen ads for it, but I'm not sure why I would need it, if I have my computer. I'm always up for saving up for a new toy, so should I start saving?

Hey, Julie! Wacom makes lovely graphics tablets. I believe my DH decided to get me one now (I thought it might make an appearance in late December) because I am attempting to go back into a graphic arts field. Talk about supportive, huh? Now if I can only remember how to draw we'll be all set.

You use the pen on a graphics tablet just like a mouse. I already think that it's a LOT easier to draw with the pen. I have a lot to learn about the sensitivity, though. There are a bunch of shortcuts as well. You can always visit www.wacom.com for more info. I am NOT a salesman. :)

Okay, enough of this typing stuff, I'm off to play again!

~Zaz

P.S. Thanks, Caren!

Yeay for you, Zaz! :) I'll bet you'll adjust to it just like you adjusted to PSCS2. ;)

I'm afraid I can't give you any info, as I don't have one - yet. The 6x8 Intuos is exactly what I've been wanting. But I'm starting to think that I should get the 4x5 Intuos, because I'll be able to afford that one sooner. :D What do you think about the size that you have?

Whoo-hoo, Zaz! How exciting! I just love hanging out here--I feel like such a girl nerd when I'm with non-digi-scrappers--I would much rather have new computer stuff than say, new clothes, or new furniture!!!

P.S. I've had my tablet for probably 5 years, and have never used the buttons, or the little clicker on the pen. (I have a very lightweight polartec glove that I cut the fingers out of (except the little finger) that I wear on my pen hand. It really helps the hand glide so smoothly on the tablet! (I know, that is way nerdy!)

Yeay for you, Zaz! :) I'll bet you'll adjust to it just like you adjusted to PSCS2. ;)

I'm afraid I can't give you any info, as I don't have one - yet. The 6x8 Intuos is exactly what I've been wanting. But I'm starting to think that I should get the 4x5 Intuos, because I'll be able to afford that one sooner. :D What do you think about the size that you have?

I'd love to hear some feedback on that question. My husband bought me the 4x6 from Circuit City for my birthday, which I haven't opened yet. The 6x8 is only $50 more from Amazon. Should I return the 4x6 and get the 6x8? (My husband would be okay with that. He's an engineer and understands tech needs.)

Congrats Zaz, can't wait to see what you do with it. I'm getting a new computer this coming week and i'm excited too. Aren't new tech toys so much fun? I agree with Kerry I would rather have those type of things than the typical gifts or items others want.

Hi,

I just got an Intuos 3 last month and have only gotten to play with it a little. It really is a beautiful thing!

One thing I've done with it is to make a charm. I was doing a page about my friend who is from South Africa. I did the page but it needed "something" and I wanted it to represent that she's from S. Africa. I looked and looked for something that already existed but couldn't find anything. So I scanned a necklace that was ours and extracted it (I'm guessing you can do your outlining with the pen but I didn't think of that at the time). It originally had a Pirates of the Caribbean pendant on it but I just left that off. Then I found an online map of Africa and opened that in Elements. I made a second layer and traced the outline of it. Then I dropped out the map background and applied a chrome filter to the outline layer. And then it looked like a charm. I brought that into the page and then placed it into the catch of the necklace. It was perfect!

I'll try to attach the picture here but bear with me...I haven't been on here long and haven't done it before....Kim

Archived