Love Scrapping Time Management Article!

Guest PeggyNC

Guest PeggyNC
I loved Jennia Hart's Scrapbooking Time Management article in the ScrapGirls University -- it is so true!! I have greatly reduced my time per layout since learning the basics of power scrapbooking.

I must confess I never got any scrapping done while my kids were young....I just put all the photos and memorabilia into boxes and now that I am retired I am trying to remember all the dates etc so I can scrap them! :banghead:

[url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/time_management_for_scrapbookers.htm"]Click here to read this great article[/url]

Guest lesliefavela
Don't feel bad, Peggy. It's probably that way for most people. I have those boxes, too. I even made a point to have a different labeled one for each of my children.
Right now, my priority is raising the little ones, because they grow up way too fast. Pictures will be there when you get ready to work on them, those little toothless grins won't.

I forget the days I took a photo even though it was recently. I sometimes get in to much of a hurry to actually name the folder when i upload the photos from my camera, then I have to go back and try to remember what date what photo was taken. I'm too forgetful when it comes to alot of things, so I'm the type of person that writes things down as they happen or I just have no clue as to what Im doing. Figuring out the dates from before the last four or five years, well, that just doesn't happen for me. I just end up putting the month and year on some things. I guess I figure at least I remembered that much, so it gives prerty much an aproximate date. :)

As far as organizing and cataloging photos, oh my. I have so many photos that are still unorganized. I've always had this thing about taking photos. Bad thing being I never organized them as I took them until a few years ago. After that I've just organized them by dates. Now I'm having a real fun [pout pout sniffle sniffle pout pout] time trying to figure out a better way to do it. :rofl: I've got started on organizing the ones that only have one person int hem by the persons name, but I'm lost at organizing the ones with more than one person. I want to make sure that I get them all organized so that one day when I pass them down to my children, they will all have a copy. :)

If only I'd stop forgetting to organize them on the computer it would it sooo much easier for me, lol.

The article is so wonderful. I've went back and read it a few times, trying to make it easier for myself to find things and such for scrapboking when & what I want. The article is simply something people don't take into consideration sometimes, but just thinking to myself about it, and when I get all these photos organized, I'll truly be able to get cracking on my scrapping. :)

Guest Vania16
Great article - thanks for point it out. I am fortunate that I got a digital camera fairly early in my adult years so I at least have those in order. Whenever I take pictures DH wants to see them right away so I get them downloaded and into named folders on the computer. But, my print photos from before that are in much worse shape - most are in albums, but I don't have any notes or dates with them either :( And, I'm always short on time to scrap - end up on message boards or downloading new kits instead LOL

Great article! It has some good tips that I hope to apply to my time. I'm kindof at the point of labeling and filing away for when DS is older & I have more time. I do remember to make notations on my pocket calender of dates & pics taken so I remember later. Occassionally I remember to write a short description of them or anecdotes of the day in the little notebook I carry. I does help when I go back to some older stuff. Just be careful not to misplace your notes/calendar. I lost a whole year of good memories (to add to my pics) that way.

Archived