Anyone From Ny State & Surrounding Areas?

MaryJo

Hello to anyone from NY state and the surrounding area! I'm MaryJo and I live in Syracuse, NY. There are a couple of us in the Central New York area and we thought it might be great fun to put together a conference . We thought it might be great to scrap for a weekend and possibly have a class or two focusing on Scrap Girls items and classes. This post is to see if there is any interest out there.

Nothing has been started or even brainstormed yet.

I think it'd be fun to meet some of the great folks that help make SG's such a great site and a great place to learn about Digital Scrapbooking!!!

What do you all think? I'm so very sincere, I want to hear the positives as well as the negatives so that we can truly put a great time together.

I don't want this to be a halfhearted event! I truly would desire this to be an encouraging and educational time for everyone, and to keep the expenses as small as possible!

There's alot of planning that goes into this, and that is why I really want your input. I will not ignore or take lightly anything that you have to say. Each and every comment will be looked at and hopefully addressed in some manner !!

So if you are interested in a fun time as well as an educational time let me know....... Also if you want to PM me that 's fine too !!! I look forward to hearing from all of you out there !!!!!

I'm just down the thruway in Rochester! I'd be interested in getting together, too. I know of one other member from Rochester and I think there are a few from Buffalo. I can't wait to see who else is in the area!

I saw a post for scrappers in NJ a while ago. Hopefully I can find it and see how they are coming along!

Cool Rochester is just about an hour away, not too bad of a trip.

Lets get the word out about this and see what happens next. sometimes these ideas grow a life of their own, so I'm trying to keep it extremely organized. I don't know about you , but I'm excited !!!!!

Actually, we were talking about having regional get togethers at the NSBR Chat last night. Nothing has been planned, but everyone was all excited about it. I'm sure we can come up with a central location so more people can come!

Guest Sharebear57

I am very excited about the talk of regional SG gatherings!

ESPECIALLY if we can put one together in NY. That would be awesome!!

Hi Sherri,

I am glad to meet you! and its great you're from Rochester. We're getting some hits from folks. I'm excited about this , it will be great fun. If we get enough interest, then we can go to step 2. It'll be good to have more hands and heads to help with it... Lets keep this post on top , to encourage folks to get interested.....

I am in Central PA, but have been wanting to go see the Corning glass works and my sister in law lives outside of Bradford PA, so I would be willing to do a road trip and have the family stay with her while I continue on to meet everyone. However, my daughters cheerleading competition season starts the end of October so hard to say how many weekends will be free.

Oh Tracey, that would be great. Stay tuned for more info. to follow. Its looking like this just may be realized.... This is so exciting for me!! Can't you just imagine the wealth of knowledge one could gain from something like this !!

I love to have dreams and to try to assist them to realization !!

I am sure this is going to be down the road a bit, hopefully not to long off. I'll keep you posted !! :banana::banana::banana:

• 3 weeks later...

I live about 1/2 north of Syracuse. I would be very interested in a get together at some point. I am also going to pass this site on to a few of my friends at church that just started digitial scrapbooking also. The more, the merrier!!

Hi everyone, I kind of put this in the back of my mind, there was alot going on with my son in Iraq. But, I'm back now and have been putting together a kind of map to find a central spot, but one thats not too far from where I live (Syracuse), so we can have a great time. Most of the conference centers here have wifi and from my investigations it isn't too difficult to find a place. I will keep you all informed and get back to you. Its great to see where some of the girls are from. We have NY, PA , VA and NH ! We are gonna have a great time !

I will post an update real soon. MJ

• 8 months later...

Hi MaryJo,

I'm new to this chat thing and just read your post. My friend and I are both digital scrappers in Buffao, New York. We would be very interested in a regional digital crop. Is this still something you are considering? I know your message goes back a few months.

Margot in Buffalo :dancing_penguin:

HI Margot its great to meet you ! alot has happened since this thread and idea first started. Its been put on the back burner for now, but I still would love to get together to meet scrappers from upstate NY. Perhaps down the road and when I'm well again we can have a get together. There is a convention in Oct.. for us in Salt Lake City ! Its going to be a great time ! But, aside from that we should try and get to know each other better. I'm in Syracuse which isn't too far from Buffalo and there are others around too, some in Rochester . Its great to meet you and hopefully we'll have a NY group soon! Take care and I'll talk to you soon !

• 2 months later...
HI Margot its great to meet you ! alot has happened since this thread and idea first started. Its been put on the back burner for now, but I still would love to get together to meet scrappers from upstate NY. Perhaps down the road and when I'm well again we can have a get together. There is a convention in Oct.. for us in Salt Lake City ! Its going to be a great time ! But, aside from that we should try and get to know each other better. I'm in Syracuse which isn't too far from Buffalo and there are others around too, some in Rochester . Its great to meet you and hopefully we'll have a NY group soon! Take care and I'll talk to you soon !

Hi!

I'm from Centereach, Long Island. Not sure how long it would take me to get to Syracuse, but I'm interested in attending something & meeting all of you! In fact, I could really use the help and support. Anyone around my area?

donna

Hi all, this sounds great, as yes I am in driving distance. On of the reasons I couldn't go to convention was the cost of airfare. If we could get something together for a weekend that I could drive to and is more cost effective I would love to go.

I was part of the original NJ/PA thread that you are talking about MaryJo. I know Kimmy, Mary, and a few others that might be interested.

There are quite a number of us in Jersey and PA.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived