I Made The Decision To Tag...

I am finally almost done! I started with over 8000 files (and I'm sure thats nothing compared to some of you chickens)... but I'm proud cause I've nearly wanted to kill myself doing it! LOL... I have a little less than 800 left to do... then I have to go through my recycle bin stuff... I think I junked some stuff I may not have wanted to... ooopsey!...

Just had to share my accomplishment!

I am using Jo's system for the most part (with a few tweaks of my own).... Thanks JO!!!!!!

What are you tagging in?

I've been working on my PSE4 organizer... I still have something like 2000 to go. *sigh* It sure seems to take a long time - but I'm being pretty detailed in a lot of tagging so I don't have to search for what I really want. I know it'll all pay off in the long run, but GOOD GRIEF. I've been junking a lot of things that maybe I should have, too - but I can't see using space for items that I downloaded years ago and haven't used (or even opened).

I have Windows Vista, so I am using Windows Photo Gallery...

I pretty much set up my tagging system based on Jo's list, and added a few other things along the way so its made it pretty fast. For now I am basically only tagging things into one category, with the exception of some of my brushes, I will probably go in and refine them further later on. It is a ton easier when you have a list already made. I can view many files at once and then drop tags on their thumbnails, so that also makes it faster! I love the way this system works, cause I am one that likes to mix and match lots of collections sometimes, and it works well for me. So I couldn't wait to finally find some time to do it!

I too, keep hearing you all talk about tagging and I don't know what it is. I have CS3. Where can I go to find out what tagging is and where can I find "Jo's List"?

I finished moving my PSE catalogue from one computer to another - and then spent most of this evening putting tags on my newer stuff.....you know - those kits you buy and then figure you'll organize "later".....when later comes it's not nearly as much fun as doing it the day you buy it! LOL Trust me - don't get behind. :)

Okay, we need to have a little lesson on tagging I see... I think I've got it down to a science now with Windows Photo Gallery, and I thought I would die having to keep my pictures in there too, but actually it hasn't been too bad yet... GRANTED! I haven't started using it much, and I'm sure that once I do, I'll find little adjustments I'd like to make... I want to ask if I can make screen shots and make a little power point presentation of it, or if that is going to go against any rules from Scrap Girls... I think it would be less confusing to explain that way... Can I??? :) I don't want to break rules at all... but I do want to share my system of doing it, and I will link to Jo's system of doing it as well since my system is based on her system...

I've been wanting to organize my files again! I moved everything to a different hard drive and lost all my tags!

So i'm looking at options. I don't like picasa and i'm not fond of acdsee either. I have bridge but that seems too complicated. I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. My head spins just thinking about organizing and yes i want to get at it before my collection gets any bigger.

I can't imagine being Mary and orgainizing LOL That's alot to do !!!!!!

I've been wanting to organize my files again! I moved everything to a different hard drive and lost all my tags!

So i'm looking at options. I don't like picasa and i'm not fond of acdsee either. I have bridge but that seems too complicated. I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. My head spins just thinking about organizing and yes i want to get at it before my collection gets any bigger.

I can't imagine being Mary and orgainizing LOL That's alot to do !!!!!!

I use Picasa for my completed pages so that I can quickly and easily share them online... PM me your email address and I'll send you this presentation, maybe this will help you see if this might be the right way for you :)

I am positively on the edge of my seat because I have Vista too and if I can create a good tagging system with what I already have then I won't spend the $50 bucks on ACDSee.

• 4 weeks later...
I want to know to I have PSE 6 and I also am using Vista. What is tagging?

Tagging is identifying your pix by categories you decide... sometimes by color, type, etc (or all of the above).

I am not sure HOW to tag in windows... still waiting for instructions on that question.

Tagging helps you locate items by those tags you put on them.

PSE6 (like my PSE5) has a photo organizer built in... instructions how to tag are in the help menu. I tagged

many of my pix by family names, places taken, etc... but it got too cumbersome and the program is HUGE.

I am looking at other options, too.

Guest babydoll37

Also when I open my PSE 6 and open my oganizer (which I dont like in PSE 6) I don't see any of my scrap stuff?

Archived