New To This Question

Guest laura larsen

Guest laura larsen
Just trying to learn before I start. One question, which may be dumb, is in trying to decide on printers, this site is the first place I've seen 8 x 8 size. Do they manufacture 8 x 8 paper, if so, who? If not, does that mean you have to purchase 12 x 12, cut your own 8 x 8, and waste paper each page?

Welcome to ScrapGirls, Laura, :). I can see that you just joined us so I wanted to be sure to let you know that you are always welcome here, :). Everyone here is always great at answering questions, and no question is really a dumb question when you are trying to figure things out right? ;)

As for your question, there is 8 x 8 papers available pretty much in all kinds of places. If you do a search on google for "8 x 8 scrapbook papers" you will see there are lots of places that have it to choose from. Also, in digital scrapbooking, you can print your own 8 x 8 papers. I like to use the ones here that are in the boutique and change their sizes from 12 x 12 to 8 x 8 and print them out, no wasting of paper there, ;). Makes it so much easier when I can get lots of things that match up perfectly instead of me going from store to store in search of that right colored paper or that perfectly matching embellishment, ;). Hope this helps, :).

Guest laura larsen
I think you're talking about regular paper or digital paper. But what I'm wondering is if there is photo paper that comes 8 x 8 to print on so you get a nice-looking printed page of your digital page?

I don't know of any that size, but if there was, they would probably charge you more money for it anyway. It's weird how that works. I guess it's because 8.5x11 is so standard for everything. That's why I use 8.5x11. It's just cheaper (and I'm always for that!)

It really does work well to print it on that 8.5x11 and trim it down. Just use a paper cutter rather than scissors and your trim will be nice and neat and straight as can be.

Promise.

Archived