Thumbnails Fine But Photos Corrupt

TanyaMc

While viewing pictures in Windows Explorer today, searching for some photos of my DH for a Xmas present, somehow my EHD corrupted the files!!!!!!!!!!! I just broke my other EHD, and my new one arrived yesterday. But, before I got to putting backup onto the new one, this happened! I have CD backups of all but the 2008 photos, so need to try and retrieve what I can. As the topic says, the thumbnails are fine, it's the photo file that is bad. I will settle for the thumbnails if someone can help me find them! Thankfully only a few files in a group are bad, not whole folders (months) but of course the photos I am missing are ones that I really wanted! Any help would be great. (Yes, I know, I should have had another backup but I didn't.)

Thanks! I found a program called pixrecovery that won't fix the photos, but can see the copies on my broken drive. But, it's $150. Priceless photos do have a price! Since it seemed possible to read those files, I have tried various (cheaper) recovery programs, but they can't see the bad hard drive. So, not sure what to do now...

Archived