Meet-Up -Were Back!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone checked with the hotel about bringing our own snacks. They usually frown on this as they make their real $$ from the food they sell. I will bring some fruit/cheese/multi grain crackers too. I am being very strict with what I am eating right now.

I still need to make reservations myself.

By looking at their web site, it doesn't seem as if they have any food or beverage service other than the complimentary breakfast. But I will definitely check on it. Jeff and I are going to PA next weekend and as we go through Harrisburg and that very hotel, we'll stop in and check on this as well as several other things, the room set-up, etc...

A lot of hotels, even large ones are changing their policy on this, especially now in this economy. This past spring we spent the weekend at a Marriott in the Dallas area and there were huge groups of people having Subway sandwiches in the lobby/lobby bar/public meeting areas all evening. The next morning it was the same thing - not Subway of course - these people were definitely not using the Marriott's dining facilities.

Scrapgirls is so wonderful! If you want to make ATCs, here's a template that should make it a breeze!

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Templates - Layered: 2.5x3.5 ATC Special

listed in the freebie section of the boutique.

Make the front however you like! Free scrap - express yourself. but on the back, use the template to fill out the information about yourself. Make enough to give one to everyone - either all the same, or different. It's up to you!

Thanks for posting this! I know I have it someplace, but I can't find it for the life of me! Wow - and it's a freebie too! Thank you V. Now that I see I have so many choices, I'll have a hard time deciding which to use. Always my problem - too many options!

Has anyone checked with the hotel about bringing our own snacks. They usually frown on this as they make their real $$ from the food they sell. I will bring some fruit/cheese/multi grain crackers too. I am being very strict with what I am eating right now.

I still need to make reservations myself.

By looking at their web site, it doesn't seem as if they have any food or beverage service other than the complimentary breakfast. But I will definitely check on it. Jeff and I are going to PA next weekend and as we go through Harrisburg and that very hotel, we'll stop in and check on this as well as several other things, the room set-up, etc...

A lot of hotels, even large ones are changing their policy on this, especially now in this economy. This past spring we spent the weekend at a Marriott in the Dallas area and there were huge groups of people having Subway sandwiches in the lobby/lobby bar/public meeting areas all evening. The next morning it was the same thing - not Subway of course - these people were definitely not using the Marriott's dining facilities.

I heard their complemintary breakfast is great.

They do not have food service in hotel, I will place a call with Barbara asking about bringing snacks. I do believe I asked that question when I reserved the room, and it was okay to bring our own. As far as outlets go, they do have them, but I think it might be better to have a few extra extension cords. I'll ask that question as well, and post as soon as I know.

Sarah, thank you for stopping in there. It's always easier to get answers when there in person, and I'm doing it all on the phone, site unseen. I only see what you girls see on there website. When I call today, I will give them your name as well, as they might not be willing to talk to you being that I was the main contact and they have my charge card, so I'll let them know that you are stopping in.

Sarah, can you also see what restaurants are in the area, so that those of us coming down on Friday can make plans?

Thank you so much for your help, I so appreciate it.

Their web site lists Applebee's, Perkins, Red Lobster, and Red Robin as being nearby. And one local restaurant, Pavone's, serving Italian seafood, which is about the closest to the hotel. We'll scout out the area next weekend and see what else is there.

This information is wrong - the site I was using was for the OTHER Country Inn in Harrisburg.

The one we are staying at lists: lots of restaurants in the area.

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse

Crackerbarrell

Outback Steakhouse

TGIFridays

Texas Roadhouse

YourPlace Restaurant and

T Brendan O'Reilly

all very close to the hotel

I will be leaving here in pittsburgh around noon takes 5 hours depending on traffic to get there. Frida afternoon maybe 11am lol I need some directions and what shall I bring ladies any suggestion?

Just called the hotel, and snacks are okay to have in the meeting room. No real food however, so we do have to go out to get our lunch or dinner.

Block of room is still set aside, and they are booked up, so please make your reservations. Once the block goes, not sure if they will have rooms. They did say, they do have kings available but no queen size rooms. We do however have our block of rooms set aside, and I do believe that most made their reservations already anyway.

Bring whatever your heart desires Caren. I'm bringing the chocolate, and some are bringing fruit and cheeses. Jan is baking I believe.

Only 2 weeks away now.

Hey Ladies! I live in Harrisburg, and I think I'll gatecrash the party! I can help us get around and find anywhere we need to go, although I don't think I'll stay overnight at this point because I'm probably too late for reservations! But I can bring a printer - I have a nice Canon Photo printer that's small enough for me to tote around, and if there are any particular snack requests, I can deal with that too. There are tons of restaurants within minutes of the hotel - both chain places and local, so I'm sure we can figure out something there. We're also only minutes from Hershey - so if we wanted to we could go there to one of the local cafe's, which has all sorts of yummy goodies (and includes some sugar free stuff as well!)

I'll see if I can find the rest of the details, but definitely plan on having me around :) This is very exciting!!

Yay Cheré! I'm so glad you're gonna come! I myself will only be staying the day - driving there in the morning and home later in the afternoon. Looking forward to meeting you!

Becca not sure is Mary is coming, but if she is, she mentioned needing to stay. Maybe you can PM her.

Hey Julie,

Which Mary? Goofyemt? I still need to find a roommate... that big room with two beds... gee, might have to bring a kid with me if I don't. LOL!

WOW! Only two weeks away? Great. Can't wait. I still don't know what I'll be bringing for snacks, but I'll probably pick up something last minute and something yummy of course. This is so exciting. Can hardly wait to meet all of you SG's. This will be a blast.

Are we sure that they are ready for us purple ladies???????

Ladies the best of purple clothing I will be wearing is a sweat shirt. I like gold and pink to be honest and I am in a money pinch so I need to reserve money right now. I can't wait to meet you all!! (some again)

Becca not sure is Mary is coming, but if she is, she mentioned needing to stay. Maybe you can PM her.

Hey Julie,

Which Mary? Goofyemt? I still need to find a roommate... that big room with two beds... gee, might have to bring a kid with me if I don't. LOL!

Yup Mary as in Goofyemt. We have 3 in our room, so we can just send one your way, and this way the cost won't be so bad for you either.

Or just hop in our room, or your room, and then the cost would even be cheaper. one room split by 4 is much cheaper. We would have to do your room though if you have a double queen, as i have a king and pull out couch.

DH and I will be there. Not sure if we're coming in Friday night or Saturday morning. Will have to let you know about that.

ATCs - we could just email them to each other, especially if we do them there. Then print them out at home. Also, just wanted to point out another ATC product in the boutique: Brush Set: Vintage Travel ATC Biggie if it happens to suit your style. :)

With all of the treats that will be there, I'm thinking we may need to do a workout, too! Yowzaa! I think I'll bring some of my Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies! :D

Still gotta make the hotel reservation. Hope there are still some rooms left in that block that was reserved.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I have this somewhere in a stack of dvd's I have no idea where so I am going to wing it, be creaive and just have fun I am off now to play cya soon on the boards ladies !!

Hi Gals! I'm so excited - I just made a PSD template for ATC's which actually works! I was able to get 6 ATC's on one page and the back lined up with no problem. :disappearing-smilie:

I would upload the template but if it doesn't stay in PSD format it won't be any good. If someone can tell me how to upload it, I will be happy to share it with you. I used the SG freebie ATC for the back side.

:having-a-party: (just had to use these) We will be having a party soon!

Or just hop in our room, or your room, and then the cost would even be cheaper. one room split by 4 is much cheaper. We would have to do your room though if you have a double queen, as i have a king and pull out couch.

Want to do this, Julie? I do have a double queen room - we can use mine, and do all 4 of us? When are you coming in? Friday? I only have a res for Saturday night, but I can change it and come on Friday, too! Saving more money is good - I still have to get my plane ticket for SLC yet.

Archived