Carbonite Question For Len

Hello SG!

When I turned on my vista desktop this morning, it started to initialize a program. Didn't think too much about it, thought my DD had hooked up her cam. Then it started to run setup on my e-mail program. Hmmm, now I'm getting worried. I stopped that and when I looked at my inbox, there were NO e-mails...NONE. Panic sets in....look at my documents, EMPTY. NOW WHAT? Did I mention that is my SG computer? ALL my sg files, photos, pse6 etc. are on that computer. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH-did you hear me in Utah??

Relief, I have that computer backed up with Carbonite. :) Not that I wanted to use it, but I am so thankful I have it!!

My main question is, when I started up my computer, it showed carbonite was starting to back up. I shut down the computer because I didn't want it to mess up what was already backed up. Not sure if it would or not. So, how do I get my computer up and running without it backing up the "blank" files? Would it overwrite what's backed up?

OK-Now I'm checking Carbonit's webs site!

Thanks for listening-hope I wasn't yelling! LOL!

:whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew::whew:

The agent walked through things with me and assured me all was ok! :) I'm going to check with Dell to see why the computer did that in the first place!!So, that will be my evening project, probably won't have time before that.

Thanks for listening!!

Now, for one more peek at the boutique to see what new stuff is there!

I've been wondering if it was a virus or something. I'll run a scan, but have to wait until I'm done with the internet on this computer so I can unhook the network....don't want it creeping in here!!

Back to work....I came online to check some business stuff....and low and behold SG just popped up so I did a quick sneak peak at the boutique... :)

Archived