Actions - Tell Me More! (pse 6)

I'm ready to move beyond the basics, and I'm curious about actions. Are they just pre-made shortcuts, or do they do something I otherwise couldn't.

Can someone give me a quick lesson??

Thanks,

Nancy

EDITED to add: oh yeah, and styles too! What's up with them???

Nancy, basically actions are shortcuts. But all the hard work is done for you, and all you have to do is run the actions to get amazing results. I use several of them a LOT and although I could probably figure out how to get the same results myself -- using an action saves time and gives more consistent results. And there are generally stages in them where you can fiddle with sliders or whatever to customize your results. Someone will probably be along with a better answer, but hopefully that helps a little.

Bobbi's given a good explanation of the actions. I love the ones I have. My favorite is the paper tear. It is awesome.

Styles add an effect to an object with just a click. There are built-in ones in PSE, but the ones for sale here at Scrap Girls give many, varied effects like glitter, crumpled aluminum foil, etc. They are so much fun and add such unique touches to your layouts.

Archived