Re-june-venate!

AngRoCamp

TASK # 15

Well funny thing is I just reviewed the home page not too long ago, and here are the things I found that I hadn’t seen before:

1. The link to the tutorials found under the Free Digital Scrapbooking Starter Kit that leads the clicker to http://www.scrapgirls.com/beginning_to_scr..._Easy_Pages.htm never knew this existed.

2. Under the what’s happening, I never noticed the scrapgirl member of the month. Now it says: Congratulations to Three Tadpoles Mom! Sara is our new Scrap Girl Member of the Month. Read more about her on our message board.

3. The Blog link at the top. I never knew we had a blog area. Huh?

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have given up on the flowers and I'm struggling through my layer mask tutorial, but this speedbump is easy.

Task #15 Homepage Speedbump

1. The layout of the homepage has changed since the last time I was there.

2. I'm not sure if I've seen the FREE video tutorials (I do have the rest of the starter kit and Ro's PSE video tutorials.) I'll look at those when I have more time.

3. I actually do visit the homepage occasionally and honestly didn't find anything else I didn't know about, but obviously all the layouts are changed each time. :)

Task 15:

How funny this task should come up. I was just combing through the home page the other day looking for the link to sign up for the RSS feed newletter as a backup since mine didn't come through my email. (cyberspace monkeys - I think :D)

Three things on the home page ...

RSS feed Newsletter

RSS feed Calendar (both RSS feeds added to my Igoogle home page ... love it!)

And ...

I always check the home page on the 1st and the 15th to see what I get to download for my new club selection! Yeah - love the new SS kit and can't wait to see how I can use it in my LOs.

Task #12

Choose one of the tutorials you found in task #11 and go through it carefully and spend some time experimenting with and applying the things you learned.

Task Requirement: Post a very brief description of what you learned and liked about the tutorial.

I chose to spend time on folding a tag around a photo. I really had fun learning how to do this. I feel so professional now. LOL. I loved learning how to cut and turn the tag, and then make it look real over and under my photo. Then to change one side so it looked like it was a two sided tag was really cool too. I'm sure I'll be using this tutorial over and over again.

Task #12

I chose the tutorial on Demystifying the Stroke Command. It is a way to add a solid outline around an object in a layout. You can chose the thickness of the stroke and the color.

Task #13

I used the stroke command to finish the layout for DD's 5th birthday. I used it on the word art to make the confetti pop a little bit more.

Aurora's 5th Birthday

Task #14 documented and Task #15 done and documented (woo hoo I'm caught up! LOL, well except for the flowers of inconvenience :disappearing-smilie: )

1. Calendar RSS feed (now on my igoogle page)

2. New! Subscribe to newsletter in a RSS Reader wooo hooo! (so cool)

3. Congratulations to Three Tadpoles Mom! Sara is our new Scrap Girl Member of the Month. Read more about her on our message board. (just found out this is listed on this page. How cool is that!)

Task # 15

There are some new newsfeed type links for the newsletter and the SG Calendar

The Actual calendar itself it has cool link that show the recurring events for the weeks

The cool new LO showing how to use Dynamic Brushes.

Yeah Done!

Task #15

I had not noticed the RSS feeds SG Calendar & SG ChitChat Newsletter. There is a congratulations note to Sara - ThreeTadpolesMom - for being June Member of the Month. Wonderful new layouts utilizing SG Products and giving a little extra info and how to about each one (like telling users of brushes that the pen tablets are pressure sensitive and react when using the brushes).

Tast #15

I spent some time on the home page, and it must have been quite a while since I did that. I found:

New, to me, LO's using the different types of SG products.

Headline animator offering a subscription to the SG calendar. I subscribed to this one.

A free tutorial movie, which I had no idea was available.

Task #15

I've done anything with the RSS feeds. So, I checked out the RSS feeds for the messagboard, newsletter, and calendar. And, that lead me to iGoogle, and a recipe for this month's recipe swap. I also check out the dynamic brushes and the free tutorials.

Task #12 Layer Mask Tutorial

I used the first half of the tutorial to learn how to do a layer mask with the gradient tool. (The second half of the tutorial wasn't actually about layer masks I don't think, although admittedly I've struggled to understand the concept.) It took me days to struggle through the tutorial and I still don't understand it. But I don't want to drag this on any longer and get further behind, so I'm going to just complete a layout the best I can. I'll keep working on the layer mask skill. Is there a class?

I learned that gradients are confusing. I like how layer masks make pictures prettier, so I'll keep working on this.

TASK 13

Ditto, Michele! I struggled with that tutorial for a couple of days and never seemed to figure out the gradient part. But I think I did get the basic concept of photo masks and used that knowledge to create one of my own, using a brush.

HERE is my layout.

Task #6 - Took my camera along as I walked down the trails from Home to my kids' favorite park.

Task #7 - Experimented with filters and effects on a couple pictures. I loved that the Difference Clouds Filter made my picture more lively!

Task #8 - While I was on my photo walk, I noticed how many different kinds of birds were chirping away! What a pleasure! Posted my LO,Birds Eye View to my gallery.

Task #8

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=82916

PS. I tried to make a pretty link, but I never can get those to work. Is there a tutorial on that somewhere?

I'm all caught up now except for Task #5. Haven't even started that one yet. :(

To make the link: copy the url (I use Ctrl-C), then in your message highlight the word you want linked up with the URL. There's a green/white option box at the top of your message box...look for the one with the arrow/triangle and the plus sign. click that to "Insert Link". Then Paste the URL into the space provided (I use Ctrl-V). Voila! Your "word" is also a link!

Task #15

I usually just read my newsletter everyday and don't normally visit the Homepage. It's pretty cool. Here's three things I discovered...

1. Links to monthly calendar of events.

2. Links to past issues of the newsletter.

3. Link straight to the gallery.

Task #16 -

1.Scenic Route Paper - http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/10417/...te-Paper-Biggie

The Brown plaid reminds me of my Dad.

2.Vista Montana - http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/6682/V...llection-Biggie

The green and brown stripes , one of my favs!

3.Bookworm - http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/6325/B...llection-Biggie

The maroon paper, with the leather looks like a book cover.

Task 15 speedbump

ScrapSimple Tools - Actions are short-cuts for your software that will help you add unique interest to your digital scrapbooking photos and layouts in a flash.

Check out our calendar to see what is coming up here!

"Never look at this cause I get the newsletter." Will start now.

Top 10 Gold Reward for best embellishments. We so rock

Archived