Good Thursday Morning

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alaska? Alaska? Did they meet online?

:rofl: no they went to Fargo to go to college, and he met her there... she spent Thanksgiving with us and the first part of Christmas, her sister is getting married in Indiana though so she's there until school starts back up again. J just made a knotted blanket for her for her birthday which is two weeks after Valentine's day. It's so soft, and has paw prints :runningdog: all over it... she's going to be a vet tech, so it's perfect! :lol:

Why is it when a person goes into the kitchen to get a simple cup of coffee, they spend 20 minutes sorting, throwing, cleaning & NOT getting back to the computer and the Thursday chat?? Why? :disappearing-smilie:

I think it's a woman's disease! :lol: YUP thinkin' so!

I was feeling a little "snowed in" yesterday so I made a warm layout of Greece! Wanna see?

Mykonos, Greece It was so cold yesterday I was wishing I was there!

Beautiful! Love the shadow on the wall. You can almost feel the sunshine on you!

Yeah, right now in Minnesota, there's not a lot of sunshine to be had..... all gray and cloudy, with snow in the forcast if not actually blustery like to day.

We stayed home because of the ice and snow. They don't get the residential streets cleared down here like they do up there.

School is closed now (today and tomorrow) because of the cold temperatures. We were expecting more snow last night, but thankfully we didn't get it. Just low temp and wind. But it's also sunny, and roads are clear, thank goodness. One of my girlfriend's is having kind of a delayed NYE party next weekend (15th).

Morning, Cathy!
What have you been up to lately Megann? Anything new?

Not too much new. School starts back on Monday so mostly I've been lazy and scrapping. I did just join a art journal group though, so I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully I can keep it up along with Project SG and school work.

We stayed home because of the ice and snow. They don't get the residential streets cleared down here like they do up there.

School is closed now (today and tomorrow) because of the cold temperatures. We were expecting more snow last night, but thankfully we didn't get it. Just low temp and wind. But it's also sunny, and roads are clear, thank goodness. One of my girlfriend's is having kind of a delayed NYE party next weekend (15th).

It has to be -30 windchill or above for them to close schools due to cold here in MN... although they haven't been as good about ploughing the side roads this winter as usual... they're trying to save money so it's taking longer to get the roads cleared, so it's costing businesses more since their employees can't get to work as easily.... Oh well, what'cha gonna do.

Oh sounds like fun, delaying the NYE party! Did she record the ball dropping for you all to watch at midnight? :giggle_bear:

Morning, Cathy!
What have you been up to lately Megann? Anything new?

Not too much new. School starts back on Monday so mostly I've been lazy and scrapping. I did just join a art journal group though, so I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully I can keep it up along with Project SG and school work.

Oh an art journal group sounds cool, what do you do in it? I'd love to hear... and I missed the Project SG chat, what's the goods with that too! :lol:

Hey I caught up lol! Good morning everyone! Schools are closed here, but my youngest is heading back to college, so is taking me out to buy him a full tank first. (Nice to know he still needs me, lol!)

I will be back as soon as I can but what a treat to see stuff in the boutique already! Bittersweet is one of my favorites, and so before I even got to this thread, my cart had stuff! rofl - so much stuff, so little time!

When I come back in, will definitely be in line for some of your mocha, Rosemary! Can't wait to spend the day here and catching up in the gallery! How lovely for a snow day to fall on a Thursday!

Isn't tonight the Dim Dim Open House? Are you all going to be there?

:jawdrop: What??? I need to go back and see what's on the calendar today! What time is the open house at Cathy? Are you going to be there??? I can't wait to see how it works! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Hey I caught up lol! Good morning everyone! Schools are closed here, but my youngest is heading back to college, so is taking me out to buy him a full tank first. (Nice to know he still needs me, lol!)

I will be back as soon as I can but what a treat to see stuff in the boutique already! Bittersweet is one of my favorites, and so before I even got to this thread, my cart had stuff! rofl - so much stuff, so little time!

When I come back in, will definitely be in line for some of your mocha, Rosemary! Can't wait to spend the day here and catching up in the gallery! How lovely for a snow day to fall on a Thursday!

See ya soon, MaryLou! Don't freeze!

:waving-hi: Patsy! How are you? NOT experiencing the cold up here today I bet! Are you all warm and toasty down in Florida? Or did you miss it so much you came back for a little snow and cold weather! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Somehow I think you're still down in FL! I know I would be!

Man, what's with all this waitin'

I know! In 1991 I met my DH in January, went on our first date in February, got engaged in April and married in July. None of that waiting stuff for me. wink.gif My mom and dad had a 9 month courtship, so I come by it honestly. My brother on the other hand took almost 6 years to propose and then got married about two weeks later in Hawaii (without inviting his little sister - grrr). We're all still married so it can't be too bad a way to do things. wink.gif

I'm not a "waiter" either. My DH and I met, went on three dates in one week, I flew back to AR, he flew down about three weeks later and we got married. We've been married for 40 years and it's even more wonderful now!

Archived