Michigan/ohio/pa And ? Meet Up?

My room is reserved! Monica has invited me to share her room with Laura but i figured i'd see if anyone else joins in. Can always cancel at the last minute. Looking forward to this!

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June will be here before you know it and I'm not ready! I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow, my anniversary, Girl Scout Camporee weekend, Lauren's birthday with 3 parties (that I have not planned yet) and then Youngstown. Too much to think about! But at least it's something to look forward to!

ATC . . . yeah, guess i better think about that. never done one before but i've always wanted to.

So, I have only done 1 ATC. Do you print them out and trade them at the crop? What do you put on it? I used to have a template for it but I don't anymore.

So, I have only done 1 ATC. Do you print them out and trade them at the crop? What do you put on it? I used to have a template for it but I don't anymore.

Dianne and Laura - here are instructions on how to make Artist Trading Cards (ATC's). http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=50105 Hoping this helps. Also, Carla had included in one of her posts here in this MI/OH/PA/NY thread what she had done for past meet-ups which seemed to help quite a few. Maybe Carla remembers the post #, if not, you may have to skim through that last several pages to find it - she even had posted a thumbnail of it. If you want to participate in the ATC (which I know you will probably wish you would have if you don't) then you would design and print enough for everyone coming to the meet up (yes, Laura, you do this ahead of time). The ATC can have whatever you want on it - facts about yourself - a photo of you - hobbies, where you live - whatever you want to share - and want us to remember about you once we go home. Does that help??

Tiza, that doesn't sound like a dream, but a nightmare! LOL

There were other parts to the dream too. It was a rather interesting night LOL

Nineteen days? That's all?? ACK now I'm feeling stressed.

Yes, Laura they are printed so that each person will have a real live card with your smile on it!! :disappearing-smilie:

I can't wait to get away for the weekend!! The kids have been crazy the past few days.

I agree, Julie - not that I have kids going crazy at home but I'm excited .... Are we there yet????????????????? :disappearing-smilie:

I am wondering if anyone that is going has the new Flip Pal scanner? I would love to see and try it ! :) Hint hint!

I can bring mine :)

Great that would be awesome, I might bring some of Sawyer's artwork and see if I am impressed and can't live without it LOL!!!

Oh, I can't wait. I will be working 72 hours in the next 7 days. Yikes! I'll need a break after that. I will be going to day shift the Monday I get back. NO more nights!

I wanted to repost this post Lei had put way back in an earlier thread in case some of the new ladies didn't see it!

Friday:

Check in is not before 3:00 on Friday. If you arrive earlier, you may see if your room is ready.

I'm not sure what time I'll be arriving. I'm still waiting on my co-pilot to let me know when she arrives here so I can plan our departure time (** hint hint Tiza :-) **)

The conference room is available for our exclusive use both Friday and Saturday at a rate of $75 per day. We have 11 confirmed with hotel reservations, so we will plan on dividing the cost for both days, so if only 11 of us plan on about $14.00 to cover both days. If Laura and her 2 friends come for sure that would knock our price down to about 11.00 each. (I'm assuming there is no tax on the room?) I will find out for sure about the tax. The room is put on my bill so I will be collecting the money for the conference room. I am being told the room is available to us all day both days. It is lockable so we can leave our computers, etc in there if we so desire. We will be able to lock it, however management will need to unlock it. "Leaving your belongings would be at your own risk" (my disclaimer).

Carla gave us lots of options for places to eat. Our first "family meal" will be Friday night. Give us an idea – do we want to go out? Do we want to have something delivered? We can meet in the conference room and go from there.

After dinner why don't we plan on coming back to the conference room and do our "show & tell". Please share something you have made – tell a bit about it, your inspiration, etc. It can be anything that tells us more about you! Also this might be a good time to swap our Artist Trading Cards. The ATC is to be on yourself (Carla showed an example in this thread) If you want to participate in this "trading" please make enough for each person attending for exchange. (14 possible)

The rest of the evening will be SCRAPPING TIME! We may have a scrap game or two thrown into the mix … you just might be surprised!

Saturday:

Contential Breakfast on your own at the hotel. We can meet back in the conference room.

The optional Park/garden walk with photo tips by Heather will be Saturday. Hoping the weather will cooperate with us on Saturday morning (or afternoon depending on the weather and group preference).

Scrapping time throughout the day on Saturday. We do have some "challenge call-outs" that will be randomly thrown out for anyone who wants to participate.

Hybrid Crafts led by Shannon will be sometime Saturday afternoon/early evening. Here is what you will need to participate (if you so choose):

2 sheets of Coordinating Digital papers printed on a cardstock (matte paper works better)

And some flowers or embellishments printed too to dress up the notebook

a glue glider/or stick some buttons, brads, maybe an ink pad that coordinates ( I will have some too) and maybe a sanding block, scissors, and or a papertrimmer. As discussed in the thread, we realize that some of you do not have all these supplies (paper trimmers, etc) – several of us will bring enough tools to share. Also please have $3.00 to give to Shannon to cover supplies that she is bringing for us to use.

More SCRAPPING TIME!!

Before retiring Saturday night, we will have to remove all our gear. Also, for those who indicated an interest in a Sunday Devotion, we will decide a meeting time for Sunday morning. We are not booked for the conference room that morning, but perhaps we could slip in for a short time of devotion and prayer.

Sunday:

Devotion (time set the night before)

Meet for Continental Breakfast and say our goodbyes.

Again, this is very rough and certainly not set in stone, but it does give you an idea of where we are headed. If I have forgotten anything. please someone pipe up - and you all be taking notes from here on out!! :-)

I am so excited and really looking forward to meeting each one of you! I will give you one warning ……. I'm a hugger!!

66 days and counting down ……..

And I just wanted to highlight this part

Hybrid Crafts led by Shannon will be sometime Saturday afternoon/early evening. Here is what you will need to participate (if you so choose):

2 sheets of Coordinating Digital papers printed on a cardstock (matte paper works better)

And some flowers or embellishments printed too to dress up the notebook

a glue glider/or stick some buttons, brads, maybe an ink pad that coordinates ( I will have some too) and maybe a sanding block, scissors, and or a papertrimmer. As discussed in the thread, we realize that some of you do not have all these supplies (paper trimmers, etc) – several of us will bring enough tools to share. Also please have $3.00 to give to Shannon to cover supplies that she is bringing for us to use.

Don't forget your printed papers so you can put together your book with the bind it all!

I received my ATC cards in the mail today. The edges are cut off a bit more than I would like, but otherwise, they are great. I'll be using those for a long time, lol.

I think Shannon and I are planning to get to Youngstown between 3-4 pm. I can't believe how fast this is coming up!

Archived