Michigan/ohio/pa And ? Meet Up?

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that one week from Friday is the start of our meet up! I am so excited. Ummm....time to get my ATC's finished and printed.

Shannon - thanks for reposting that! I have meant to do that but every time I sit down to do it something comes up and I get side tracked! I received my atc's back from the printer as well and I am very pleased with them!! I opted to go with a local printer and am happy I did! I will be picking Tiza up from the airport and it is a 4 hour drive for us - planning a lunch stop perhaps and that should put us in Youngstown between 4:30 and 5:00 ..... Hubby has a new muffler system on my little tracker and is doing oil change and tire rotation and balancing ... he takes such good care of me - so we will be ready to roll Theresa!!

I have yet to figure out what to bring snack wise .... but I will try to bring as much of the tools I have for our hybrid lesson with Shannon. woohoooo looking sooooooooo forward to this!!

i am so looking forward to this. i am not a paper scrapper at all but i will dig up a few things and bring my paper trimmer and look forward to the hybrid craft. yikes - i need to get working on the ATC's too! i have a friend from church who is a paper scrapper; i was thinking about inviting her, if no one minds. looking forward to meeting you all and putting names to faces and learning and eating and scrapping to my heart's content! :)

I'm looking forward to this!! I need to start my ATCs, amid everything else that I have going on. As I think of things, I toss them into my suitcase, which is still out from the Midwest meetup. Thanks for the reminder about papers...I would have missed that part lol

I'm looking forward to this!! I need to start my ATCs, amid everything else that I have going on. As I think of things, I toss them into my suitcase, which is still out from the Midwest meetup. Thanks for the reminder about papers...I would have missed that part lol

Don't forget the chocolate coverederd fortune cookies! lol

Laura - I had mine done by a local printer. Carla used ArtsCow - though I don't know if you can get them done in the time frame needed now - - I'm not sure how others have done theirs.

Don't forget the chocolate coverederd fortune cookies! lol

I won't forget those!!!

Do you get the ATCs printed double-sided? Or fold them? Cut and glue them back-to-back?

I was unable to line my ATC's up perfectly to back to back pring them, so when I'm making hybrid atc's I do cut and glue back to back. For these that I'm handing out I opted to give the local printer some business and let them match up the front to back and print them for me. It is up to you!! :-) Either way is fine - no right or wrong here. I'm anxious to see everyone's cards!!

Lei

I have a request, I have been admiring your card for the hybrid swap, and I was wondering if you would be willing to show me how to do that fancy folded one? Tell me what materials to bring and I will stuff them in my bag in hopes to learn your super cool technique!!!

Lei

I have a request, I have been admiring your card for the hybrid swap, and I was wondering if you would be willing to show me how to do that fancy folded one? Tell me what materials to bring and I will stuff them in my bag in hopes to learn your super cool technique!!!

Yep - be happy to show you! You will need a 12 x 12 cardstock for your base and whatever you fancy printed cardstock (large scraps work - I used Kerry's Time Traveler in my sample in the gallery) for the decorative part. I'll be sure to bring the directions!! This also makes a lovely lady's card using floral prints ... the sky is the limit on this one!!

Lei

Yep - be happy to show you! You will need a 12 x 12 cardstock for your base and whatever you fancy printed cardstock (large scraps work - I used Kerry's Time Traveler in my sample in the gallery) for the decorative part. I'll be sure to bring the directions!! This also makes a lovely lady's card using floral prints ... the sky is the limit on this one!!

Ooooo thanks Lei, I will bring some pretty papers then! Thanks so much! I have someone special to make a card for at the end of June this will be perfect!!!!!

There is a way you can print 8 up thru Organizer. here's the info i sent lorac and she said it worked perfectly.

i think you can do this in Organizer, if you're using PSE. you select the image you want to print, select "Picture Package" as type of print, Layout is (8) 2.5x3.5, no frame and . . . important - check "Fill Frame with photo." you can get 8 up this way without having to copy and paste. hope this helps ;)

maybe this will help someone.

I'm going to try using Sarah Batdorf's Photography Packages Action. It has a 2.5 x 3.5 option. Let's see if I can get it to line up in two-sided printing...

That is a great idea, Kim! I never would have thought of that ... duh!! Sarah's action seems to be the perfect answer to lining up back to back, and I have put the product into my basket this morning!!

Does anyone use Lightroom? I really need to learn how to use it, but I haven't had time to sit and play. I can load the photos into it and tag them, but that's about it. I'd love to watch over someone's shoulder while they play!

Archived