Michigan/ohio/pa And ? Meet Up?

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well chocolate covered celery has got to be better than chocolate covered ants!! I'm just trying to get my veggies and chocolate in with no guilt ... oh geesh maybe I'll just not pack the guilt this trip!!:disappearing-smilie:

Friday:

Check in is not before 3:00 on Friday. If you arrive earlier, you may see if your room is ready.

I'm not sure what time I'll be arriving. I'm still waiting on my co-pilot to let me know when she arrives here so I can plan our departure time (** hint hint Tiza :-) **)

The conference room is available for our exclusive use both Friday and Saturday at a rate of $75 per day. We have 11 confirmed with hotel reservations, so we will plan on dividing the cost for both days, so if only 11 of us plan on about $14.00 to cover both days. If Laura and her 2 friends come for sure that would knock our price down to about 11.00 each. (I'm assuming there is no tax on the room?) I will find out for sure about the tax. The room is put on my bill so I will be collecting the money for the conference room. I am being told the room is available to us all day both days. It is lockable so we can leave our computers, etc in there if we so desire. We will be able to lock it, however management will need to unlock it. "Leaving your belongings would be at your own risk" (my disclaimer).

Carla gave us lots of options for places to eat. Our first "family meal" will be Friday night. Give us an idea – do we want to go out? Do we want to have something delivered? We can meet in the conference room and go from there.

After dinner why don't we plan on coming back to the conference room and do our "show & tell". Please share something you have made – tell a bit about it, your inspiration, etc. It can be anything that tells us more about you! Also this might be a good time to swap our Artist Trading Cards. The ATC is to be on yourself (Carla showed an example in this thread) If you want to participate in this "trading" please make enough for each person attending for exchange. (14 possible)

The rest of the evening will be SCRAPPING TIME! We may have a scrap game or two thrown into the mix … you just might be surprised!

Saturday:

Contential Breakfast on your own at the hotel. We can meet back in the conference room.

The optional Park/garden walk with photo tips by Heather will be Saturday. Hoping the weather will cooperate with us on Saturday morning (or afternoon depending on the weather and group preference).

Scrapping time throughout the day on Saturday. We do have some "challenge call-outs" that will be randomly thrown out for anyone who wants to participate.

Hybrid Crafts led by Shannon will be sometime Saturday afternoon/early evening. Here is what you will need to participate (if you so choose):

2 sheets of Coordinating Digital papers printed on a cardstock (matte paper works better)

And some flowers or embellishments printed too to dress up the notebook

a glue glider/or stick some buttons, brads, maybe an ink pad that coordinates ( I will have some too) and maybe a sanding block, scissors, and or a papertrimmer. As discussed in the thread, we realize that some of you do not have all these supplies (paper trimmers, etc) – several of us will bring enough tools to share. Also please have $3.00 to give to Shannon to cover supplies that she is bringing for us to use.

More SCRAPPING TIME!!

Before retiring Saturday night, we will have to remove all our gear. Also, for those who indicated an interest in a Sunday Devotion, we will decide a meeting time for Sunday morning. We are not booked for the conference room that morning, but perhaps we could slip in for a short time of devotion and prayer.

Sunday:

Devotion (time set the night before)

Meet for Continental Breakfast and say our goodbyes.

Again, this is very rough and certainly not set in stone, but it does give you an idea of where we are headed. If I have forgotten anything. please someone pipe up - and you all be taking notes from here on out!! :-)

I am so excited and really looking forward to meeting each one of you! I will give you one warning ……. I'm a hugger!!

66 days and counting down ……..

Somewhere in these threads I missed the show & tell idea.... what is that? We need to make something to describe us? You really expect me to find time between now and then to make an ATC and a show & tell item? "You're killing me, Smalls!" :giggle_bear:

The rest of the itinerary sounds fun :)

Lei...I sent you a PM with my flight info AND a real email. I think your computer hates me. Maybe I should just stay home that weekend ;)

Don't be silly - you WON'T stay home that weekend ... I'll have the car stocked in chocolate just for YOU!! :D The only pm I have is the one saying you will email the info before you forget. Maybe a filter is blocking the email?? I'll see if I can find you on a roster - we'll get it ironed out.

Lei...I sent you a PM with my flight info AND a real email. I think your computer hates me. Maybe I should just stay home that weekend ;)

NO Theresa! Don't stay home!!! We'll all give your computer hugs all week/end long (you too -- :) )

Bride, the schedule of events sounds great - thanks for the recap. Gotta think hard about my show and tell item and work on my ATCs.

And Tiza...don't even think about bailing out...we would just have to come and get you :)

The show and tell is easy. Just bring something you've made...have you had a book printed from somewhere? Or created a cute craft? Or a recipe book? Don't make anything special for it. You can bring a special album you've printed out from home, or a collection of digi-cards you've made.

Everything is optional. Don't worry if you don't want to participate!

Yep! What Carla said ... everything is optional!! And her suggestions were good ... and ... if you don't have any digi things to show and tell - perhaps you have another hobby (like knitting, crocheting, painting ... etc) who knows ... I'm sure each of us can find something we have done (or even a photo of something we collect). Make it easy - this is suppose to be fun!! :-)

Wowser Shannon .... you win the prize!!! :D I'm still THINKING about mine. I bet yours are darling ... all your cards and hybrids are - can't wait to see them!

I think I've got mine ready to print! :) Of course I've changed my mind about 3 times now, so who knows. The beauty of digital scrapping is for people like me who do change their minds. LOL Counting down Nine weeks from today & we'll be scrapping to our hearts content!

Archived