Midwest Meet Up-The Date Is Set!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this in my daily newsfeed.... for those of us traveling by airplane, it might be worthwhile to look through and see if you can find some good deals:

Airfare Deals

Also, this was posted on Southwest's page: "We're celebrating our 40th anniversary with everyone, and ALL of our cities are included in our 72-hour sale."

So look at the prices and book soon if you can!! 72 hours :)

I got this in my daily newsfeed.... for those of us traveling by airplane, it might be worthwhile to look through and see if you can find some good deals:

Airfare Deals

Also, this was posted on Southwest's page: "We're celebrating our 40th anniversary with everyone, and ALL of our cities are included in our 72-hour sale."

So look at the prices and book soon if you can!! 72 hours :)

I heard on the news last night that air fares are going up by 10% starting tomorrow!! HURRY!!

Ok - I checked out these deals and they exclude travel on Friday through Sunday. I was able to find a good deal with SW for $80.00 if I flew in on Thursday (half price from flying in on Friday). I just don't know what I'd do coming a day early! Are we still waiting on the hotel info?? (I'm not rushing that - just didn't want to miss the post about hotel - we are up to 304 posts now! LOL)

I looked at Air Tran and it's $80 one way from Rochester to KC. I'm going to look into this tonight when dh is home. Thanks for the info, Theresa!

We must have been posting at the same time ... is that weekend travel included? I can get the same thing with SouthWest but I would have to fly in on Thurs and leave on Monday. Or fly in on Thur and leave Sun for an $80 + 160 fare.

Ok - I checked out these deals and they exclude travel on Friday through Sunday. I was able to find a good deal with SW for $80.00 if I flew in on Thursday (half price from flying in on Friday). I just don't know what I'd do coming a day early! Are we still waiting on the hotel info?? (I'm not rushing that - just didn't want to miss the post about hotel - we are up to 304 posts now! LOL)

Ugh I didn't see the Friday/Sunday exclusions. Sorry about that. I hate when they put those limitations on there. I'll keep looking to find you a good deal!

Yes, we are still waiting on hotel info. Conda made a few calls, but they haven't called back. The hotel in Liberty where we stayed a few months ago doesn't have a meeting room big enough for us, unless we wanted to hang out and scrap in the lobby or the business center. But I think we'd rather have a room to ourselves where we can safely leave our belongings, and close the door to contain our chatter ;)

I looked at Air Tran and it's $80 one way from Rochester to KC. I'm going to look into this tonight when dh is home. Thanks for the info, Theresa!

We must have been posting at the same time ... is that weekend travel included? I can get the same thing with SouthWest but I would have to fly in on Thurs and leave on Monday. Or fly in on Thur and leave Sun for an $80 + 160 fare.

Lei, I'm also looking at Flint (FNT) to see if there are better prices. Most likely there's a layover since it's a small airport, but if it's considerably cheaper, I'd do those. I've only flown out of FNT once, but it's much easier to navigate and park - there are a total of six gates - yes six! LOL

I'm also considering getting in on Thursday. Waiting for the hotel info so I know the cost of adding another night.

Lei, I'm also looking at Flint (FNT) to see if there are better prices. Most likely there's a layover since it's a small airport, but if it's considerably cheaper, I'd do those. I've only flown out of FNT once, but it's much easier to navigate and park - there are a total of six gates - yes six! LOL

I'm also considering getting in on Thursday. Waiting for the hotel info so I know the cost of adding another night.

Even out of DTW there is either a layover or plane change ... the best bet is the plane change in Nashville. I have flown out of Flint before and it is a breeze - most times though, they hop over to Det so you end up being an extra hour on the plane and still fly out of Det ... let me know what you find, Michele!

OK......here is what I have so far...

The Drury Inn out at the airport includes:

Free airport shuttle (5:00 a to 11:00 p)

Free HOT breakfast

5:30 - 7:00 p Kickback-FREE food buffet

including 3 free adult beverages

3:00 p - 10:00 p Free soda and popcorn

Free wi fi

Pool/hot tub

Fridge in room

24 hour fitness room

The price per person is 164.95 (there will be added taxes) which includes the cost of the hotel room for two nights as well as the meeting room assuming 10 people to share the cost of the meeting room for Friday and Saturday. If there are more than 10 people, the cost will go down.

This is a great location, close to shopping and restaurants. I can provide a list of these later.

What do you think??

ARE WE THERE YET???

I wouldn't mind extending the trip a extra day and flying home on Monday the 3rd so I can skip our office meeting that day ;)

I could hang out most of the day Sunday, but will probably have to return home to real life that evening! ;)

I wouldn't mind extending the trip a extra day and flying home on Monday the 3rd so I can skip our office meeting that day ;)

I could hang out most of the day Sunday, but will probably have to return home to real life that evening! ;)

real life? pffffft

Although my aunt is still mad that I didn't see them on my last trip to KC, so I might just extend my trip anyway and stay with them for a night. I'll have to talk to her and figure that out later. If nothing else, they can just drive over to the MO side and I'll go out to dinner with them on Friday or Saturday.

Free HOT breakfast

Free wi fi

Pool/hot tub

Fridge in room

24 hour fitness room

The price per person is 164.95 (there will be added taxes) which includes the cost of the hotel room for two nights as well as the meeting room assuming 10 people to share the cost of the meeting room for Friday and Saturday. If there are more than 10 people, the cost will go down.

This is a great location, close to shopping and restaurants. I can provide a list of these later.

What do you think??

ARE WE THERE YET???

Sounds doable to me!! We had a great experience with the Drury hotel at our STL meetup. Fabulous hotel! And LOTS of food :)

So I paid $200 for my airfare + $165 for the hotel/meeting space... $365 for a SG weekend. I can do that! :dancingelephant:

Sounds doable to me!! We had a great experience with the Drury hotel at our STL meetup. Fabulous hotel! And LOTS of food :)

So I paid $200 for my airfare + $165 for the hotel/meeting space... $365 for a SG weekend. I can do that! :dancingelephant:

SWEEEET!! :dancingchicken2: :dancingchicken2: :dancingchicken2: :dancingchicken2:

This is assuming two people per room.........so grab a roomie quick! ;) I have mine!

If enough people were going to start on Thursday, I would potentially (barring finding a friend to help watch my kids until DH is home from work) be able to join y'all from Thursday whenever to Saturday early afternoon. Then I'd still have time to get back for the Fireman's Parade in Atlantic! That would be the best of both worlds:)

If enough people were going to start on Thursday, I would potentially (barring finding a friend to help watch my kids until DH is home from work) be able to join y'all from Thursday whenever to Saturday early afternoon. Then I'd still have time to get back for the Fireman's Parade in Atlantic! That would be the best of both worlds:)

That would be awesome Cheri!! woo hoo!!

Free HOT breakfast

Free wi fi

Pool/hot tub

Fridge in room

24 hour fitness room

What do you think??

ARE WE THERE YET???

That price works for me :-) I am still debating if I want to drive or fly. I would prefer to fly, my husband would like me to drive. I already got that Friday off and I'm on vacation the next week so I'm good!

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that I just read 11 pages in this thread. I have some bad news/good news: Bad news is that my condo deal fell through. So we won't be buying anything right now. Good news is that I might be able to attend this meet-up. Just need to double check with my sister and then check the airlines for a good fare.

Oh, Carol! I'm so sorry, but I'd love to see you again!!

Those prices are fine with me. I didn't get a chance to talk to dh about flights last night. I'll have to check with my mother about flying out on Thursday night. Getting the girls ready for school might be a deal breaker, lol....j/k!

The Drury Hill in St. Louis was really nice. You're saying two nights lodging would be 164.95 plus taxes and fees per person, correct?

Correct Pat!!

Sorry to hear the news about the condo Carol!

Oh Carol, I'm so sorry to hear the condo deal fell through, but if it means you can make it to KC for the meet up, well, a little bit of a silver lining there. Personally, I can't wait to meet you FTF.

So...do we want to take bets on how long this thread will get by September?:going-crazy:

LOL....I have been wondering the same thing!! It's this long, and I haven't even started the official countdown yet!!

Just please promise to tag the detail posts so we can find them ... that is what happened to our Ohio meet up - the thread got so long that late comers had difficulty locating the who what where when and how much AND what to bring sections. :D

Archived