Recipe Album (Cook Book) For My Tablet?

SodScrap

You know, when I was in high school, I remember hearing the guys talk about my friends Madeleine, Ellen and I... "They are so good at helping with Physics or Math--just ask them if you're having trouble." ... and then the answer "Yes, but I wouldn't ask any of them to go out or go to the prom." It's really nice to feel appreciated despite, or maybe because of my techno-geek tendencies! I'm so lucky I followed my dad's advice to "go ahead to college (at MIT) where you'll meet people who will appreciate your interests and aspirations; you'll be happier in life when you marry one of them." And I did. And I am. :rolleyes:

Barbara, that was some wise advice from your dad and you were wise to follow it. I'm glad you've found your way here where people like me who may have never met you otherwise can benefit from your knowledge!

Conda, I think Evernote may be your answer. Make a new notebook called recipes. You can download the desktop version that will sync with your tablet. Make sure your new Recipe notebook is a "synchronized" notebook. And then you can just drag and drop your recipe cards in or copy and paste or takes screenshot. Then you can tag them with whatever tags you want to use such as entrees, desserts, appetizers, etc. or tag certain ingredients like chicken, beef or pork. Whatever you want. Then when you need to find a recipe you can search for the tag. Evernote makes it easy to just scroll through the notebook too. When done downloading the recipes, sync with the database and then sync on your tablet and they are all right there.

With this method you can add til your hearts content. Evernote really is a great app. I use the desktop version while I'm surfing the net to add things too.

Hope this helps!

Dianna

Dianna, thanks for the reminder! I started playing with Evernote prior to the holidays and your post for Conda's need made me look again! I like Evernote as I can even have it on my work phone (Palm Pre2 with WebOS). I'm going to check and see if I can get it on the HP TouchPad too (got one of the bargain basement $99 tablets when HP had the firesale)! As I was searching around - I found they have integrated with a website called Say MMM where you can do lots with your recipes right from within Evernote, like make grocery lists and meal plans.

Interesting...will have to look at that!

Archived