Tip For Photoshop And Saving For Web

A-M

I have been doing some researching on the web and playing around with saving layouts for the web because of a problem I have had happen with my files being too large if I just do "save as" after reducing size to the 600 x 600 and 72DPI.

If you want to embed the file info and yet use the "save for web", I have found a way to do it.

When you are creating your page and you add the credits to the file info which you find under "file", type your information in the "copyright" section.

Then when you have finished your layout and you have saved as a JPEG. You then bring that JPEG back into photoshop and as normal - reduce the size to the 600 x 600 72DPI. Then under file click on "Save for Web" .

Where it says "metadata" make sure it shows copyright or copyright and contact details. Alter the size if necessary but most times you should not need to alter this.

When you upload to the gallery and then you go back to look.... all the information you typed is there under the EXIF.

This is for Photoshop CS and you cannot do this with PSE.

post-14380-0-39643000-1399879351_thumb.jpg

I have been doing some researching on the web and playing around with saving layouts for the web because of a problem I have had happen with my files being too large if I just do "save as" after reducing size to the 600 x 600 and 72DPI.

If you want to embed the file info and yet use the "save for web", I have found a way to do it.

When you are creating your page and you add the credits to the file info which you find under "file", type your information in the "copyright" section.

Then when you have finished your layout and you have saved as a JPEG. You then bring that JPEG back into photoshop and as normal - reduce the size to the 600 x 600 72DPI. Then under file click on "Save for Web" .

Where it says "metadata" make sure it shows copyright or copyright and contact details. Alter the size if necessary but most times you should not need to alter this.

When you upload to the gallery and then you go back to look.... all the information you typed is there under the EXIF.

This is for Photoshop CS and I do not think you can do this with PSE.

In PSE - I can type all my credits data to the File Info and save as a JPEG, and it does show up in the gallery under the EXIF. But I usually do a regular "Save As"... I haven't tried "Save for Web."

This is for Photoshop CS and I do not think you can do this with PSE.

In PSE - I can type all my credits data to the File Info and save as a JPEG, and it does show up in the gallery under the EXIF. But I usually do a regular "Save As"... I haven't tried "Save for Web."

With PSE I do the same as Tiza. I use "Save As..." I'm thinking if you use "Save for Web" with PSE, you will lose the EXIF information that you put into the File Info.

Tiza and Therese, I know already about the "save as" for keeping the information for EXIF but for some reason my CS6 is not allowing me to do this the last few months. It kept coming up as a huge file that I could not make small enough for sharing my layout in the gallery so I looked for another way of being able to keep the information.

I shared what I discovered in this "Photoshop" section as I knew it would not be for PSE users.

Archived