Newbie seeking help with files

liaglynn

Hello there. I introduced myself a few days ago. I have taken the plunge and downloaded the PSE 15 earlier today. Now I pray someone can help me to "unzip" and open a file?? I have a Windows 10 and I thought I unzipped the files but now I am receiving error messages. Any thoughts on what I did wrong or what I need to do to correctly open the files?

I'm sorry I am working on a Mac so I can't help you as Mac automatically unzips for me!
Someone else will come along in a bit - it's a little quiet on Sundays.   But, maybe in the meantime you can tell us what the error message says?
And, what is the file you are trying to unzip?  A product or PSE itself? 

Hang in - it will get easier! :)

5 hours ago, liaglynn said:

Hello there. I introduced myself a few days ago. I have taken the plunge and downloaded the PSE 15 earlier today. Now I pray someone can help me to "unzip" and open a file?? I have a Windows 10 and I thought I unzipped the files but now I am receiving error messages. Any thoughts on what I did wrong or what I need to do to correctly open the files?

Are you able to tell me a little more on your unzipping and opening of files?

What software are you using to unzip your files?
What type of error are you getting?
Can you take a screenshot and show the issue?

I have windows 10 and I can just open the zip file and copy things from there but I have something called 7-zip. At work we use win-zip and you right click and there are several choices of where you can unzip files. What is the error message you are getting? Can you send a screen shot of what you saw when you went to unzip?

Usually when you "install" a program it does it all for you. I haven't downloaded a program in awhile, maybe it's different now. When I used windows, I also used Extract now. with the Mac I just click it twice. Good luck!

Actually if you just left-click the zipped file, Windows will give you a drop-down menu. The third choice down is "Extract All Files." Just click that and it will give you an option where to unzip the files.

The default is the current folder, so if you want your file contents in a specific folder, move all of your zip files there before using this feature. Then just go and unzip (or extract) them all. Once you've done a back-up, you can delete the original zip files to save space, OR you could move them to an external hard drive as an additional way to back them up.

HTH!

Archived