How Do Use My New 'buy' All Torn Up In Photo Shop

Hi, I just purchased the elements kit, All Torn Up, but have no idea where to begin to use it in Photo Shop. I have Photo Shop CS5.

Is there a TUT here that I could use? Even though I've had this software for awhile now, I haven't been working with it, so don't have a clue where to begin.

I wish this kit had come out in another form so that I could use it in the product I do use which is Serif's Craft Artist. This is a great software program and one that is eay to master.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hugs,

Joyce, a newbie here

PS Love your products and freebies

post-19414-0-18394100-1328025180_thumb.jpg

First, look in the 1 Scrap Girls Scrapsimple Instructions Handbook (free Scrapsimple Basics Ebook) for how to use clipping masks. This product comes with layered psd files.

Just open the psd file of the tear you'd like to use.

There are different layers for each part of the tear. I'm opening up one of the tears and I'll get you a little screen shot of what the layers look like with papers clipped to them.

Be back in a bit.

If you aren't really familiar with Photoshop, do check out Ro's Secrets and More Secrets in the Boutique (especially now, while there is a coupon!). It will walk you through step by step. The Adobe products are not intuitively obvious, and the DVDs will get you up and running. Photoshop has so much more capability than the easier programs it's amazing!

Archived