Upgrading PSE 6 to PSE 14

KarinaS

It's been awhile since I've been on Scrap Girls, so hoping some of my old friends (and new ones!) can help me out. I just upgraded to a new laptop with Windows 10 from my old one with WIndows Vista and just installed PSE 14. I'm hoping the learning curve is not going to be too great as I was pretty good on PSE 6 after all these years!

I have a TON of styles, actions, etc. but my last purchase was probably back in 2011, so I don't know if those will translate into the new version of PSE and if I am supposed to follow the same instructions for installing as before.

If anyone can give any advice on this, I would appreciate it! I know there used to be threads that were pinned with the most used "instructions" for installing files and I will try to look for those now as well.

Looking forward to hearing from Sandy, April, Ann, Jane, TeeCee, Carla, Karen, Ngaire, Linda, Sandi, Ang, Amanda, Cheri and anyone else I forgot!!!

Hi, Karina! Welcome back. You are going to have a BIG learning curve making that leap, and you're going to love the new features. One of the best is the ease in installing styles and actions. There's a good PSE tutorial to guide you. All your old supplies should work fine. Hope you get everything up and running and share some new pages.

Hi Karina

I work on Mac but about a year ago upgraded from PSE 6 to PSE 13. I honestly had no problem with the switch and there were some changes I was delighted with and some frustrated me and I missed the "old" way!

Do you have the ScrapGirls'

SS Handbook?

It's newly revised since you were here and has instructions on installing.

As Ann says - that's one of my favorite parts of the new program - installing is so easy!

Good luck and let us know if you need more help.

• 1 month later...

So, I finally got around to using PSE 14. Downloaded the handbook as you suggested, MariJ - WOW it is SO much easier to load the styles!! Although I am having "fun" trying to find where things are now and I do believe some options that I really used a lot are gone...

Can't wait to get back to scrapping more!

Thanks, again!

Archived