Aca_Style_Earthy In May Ss Club

A-M

Has anyone else had trouble using the style that came with this month's SS Club?

There are three colours and the pink one covers the whole page when I tried to add it to an outline on a embellishment.

The blue and green seem to be okay.

I haven't installed/used it yet, but I sent a PM to Ang to let her know there seems to be a problem with it.

Hi ladies! I hate to hear that you're having trouble with one of the styles included in the bonus freebie style set! That's no fun at all. I'm not quite sure what to suggest as far as fixing it goes, though. :hit-head-with-hammer: I can tell you that the style set went through several quality checks on several different computers and in several variations of Photoshop and PSE, so I'm just baffled by how a problem could have arisen after the fact and I feel a little helpless. I'm going to be away from the computer almost all day on Saturday, and Sundays are a day of family and church for me so I won't likely be back to the computer until Monday. I hope that in the meanwhile someone else comes along with a suggestion for an easy fix. I do know that when others have had something not quite work I've seen Ro suggest that they uninstall the problem style set and delete the originally downloaded file from their computer and then download the file again and re-install it in their software, so maybe that's a place to start? What software are you each using? If we can identify it as a software specific issue that might make it easier to correct?

Please just know that I'll do everything I can to help you be able to use the style! The timing is just lousy as I won't be able to help for a couple days (Teecee caught me with a PM just as I was heading to bed - look at how your Welcoming Committee keeps an eye out for you ladies!!!) but I promise to check back in on Monday and see if anything was figured out.

~Ang

Ang, please do not stress about this situation as I am in no hurry to find a solution.

I am using CS3 on a PC. I will try the delete and re-install and see if that makes any difference.

Ok, I have deleted the file and re-installed it. I still have the same problem.

The strange thing is, the blue and green are fine. it is just the pinky-brown that has a problem. weird.

Thanks in advance for anything you can do, no rush.

Hey gals...I just checked and there is an issue with that style. I'm going to work on getting a fix for it and will send out an email when that's done so you can redownload that file. But for now if you are a PS user, when you apply the style click on the fx button. A box will come up so you can adjust the style, on that front screen is a advanced blending box "transparency shape layer" is not checked if you check it, it will take shape of your item.

We'll let you know once it's been fixed so you can download the correct file.

Sorry for the problem!

Thanks Angie for checking this all out and finding the problem/solution.

I have to say, I am kind of happy for the issue, which helped us to learn something new (the transparency box!) Sorry for your trouble, but it took me a minute to find that in the fx box, and I was amazed when I clicked onto it. Thanks, Angie and Ang! The solution worked perfectly.

Hey girls...this has been fixed now. I'll be sending out emails to customers to let you know which file to redownload. Now because I can only send out so many emails a day, it may be the next few days that you get it. So if you read this now...you can go ahead and redownload it.

Hey girls...this has been fixed now. I'll be sending out emails to customers to let you know which file to redownload. Now because I can only send out so many emails a day, it may be the next few days that you get it. So if you read this now...you can go ahead and redownload it.

Thanks Angie...will do.

I just redownloaded, installed and checked. All three - blue, green and brown are working fine for me in PSE 9. Thanks Angie! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Thanks Angie..... your prompt service to us all is much appreciated.

I use PSE9 and has installed the first style using AOM. I downloaded the corrected style today and just installed that through AOM. Will that override the first install? I checked my Style folder and it only shows on Style_Earthy and it has todays date so I am assuming the corrected one I downloaded today did override the bad one I installed previously. Can someone please just confirm this for me?

Thanks,

Hi Patty, I'm not sure, but the best way to find out would be to go ahead and test the style. If you have trouble with any of them, especially the brown one, you will need to delete the style completely, re-download and install the new one. I use PSE 9 and after installing the updated download, all three colors - blue, green and brown worked just fine for me. HTH :)

Thanks everyone for your understanding as this problem was corrected! I'm really sorry about any trouble it may have caused you (and I'm sorry for the extra work for Angie! As if she doesn't have her hands full enough already, right? Customer service extraordinaire indeed!!!!) I still don't understand how the style ended up the way it did but I'm glad it was a quick fix and that Angie was able to take care of you all when I was unavailable for a couple days to do so.

Happy scrapping!!

~Ang

Archived