I'm Upset ....

scraphctib

:banghead:

Okay.....is anyone else upset???

There's this wonderful looking "Amazing Out Of Bounds" online course ..... I want to take it so badly .....

BUT they're both at 1:00 PM......

Kind of tough for the ScrapGirls who work all day?

Can I suggest one for maybe early evening .... like 7:00 PM? Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

:thankyou:

I know what you mean. I wanted to take the Fear of Patterned Paper class, but I work during the days and the class is at 3pm. However, I signed up for the class anyway, knowing that I won't make the chats. I'm glad I did!! I'm finding the PDFs alone are worth the cost of the class!! Plus I think I heard that they rotate the times of the classes so everyone gets a chance to take them...maybe next time it'll be in the evening :)

Guest dawnsmemories

pdfs are the info sheets that are provided when you purchase the class. It is basically the info you need to produce what the class is all about.

Dawn

When you get the PDF's its like a few pages of step by step instructions on how to do something and its so worth its weight in Gold. Plus you get to keep them and go back to them later on down the road if you have forgotten something and need a refresher course.

Thanks for the info! I can't make the 1:00pm time either and I was wondering if you paid to take the class if you could basically use the prepared info they send you to learn from that if you aren't able to attend, so that's great to know. I did read that there was a 25-person limit for the class somewhere (I think), so I do wonder if all of the people who can't attend who are in essence just purchasing the class materials would be cutting into the number of people who can actually make it?

Maybe a way to make the materials available for download for a lesser price such as $10.00 could be offered (or even the same, I'm not picky, I really want to be able to do that cool out of bounds effect)?

:justthinkingabout it:

Unfortunately, the Amazing Out Of Bounds class will probably always be offered at 1 PM. The teacher for the class, Jene, lives in Bahrain, so it's hard to get a time that's reasonable for her to teach that is also a reasonable time here in the U.S.

But as others have mentioned, you are more than welcome to purchase the class and use the PDFs to learn the technique. The PDFs are the complete class instructions, usually 15 - 20 or more pages long, filled with screenshots and tips from the instructors. In addition to the PDF, when you purchase the class you will also get access to the private forum and gallery. They are always there in case you should have any questions as you're working through the technique. You can come to the forum and ask your questions and the teacher will be able to help you that way. It's also a great place to get to know your fellow students. We also encourage everyone to post their homework in the gallery to get feedback from the teacher and inspire your fellow students. In addition, if you post your homework in the gallery, the teacher may chose your work to display in the class article in the newsletter, which would mean that you get a $5 gift certificate to the boutique! How fun is that! As a student, you also get the class transcripts to go through, whether you've attended the chat session or not.

We do not take into account the students who can't attend the class when we could the 25 registered students. Not only would this be impossible to track, but because the students are still getting access to the forum and gallery to interact with the teacher, the teacher could get overwhelmed if we add too many more to the class number. Hope that makes sense!

I hope this answers all of the questions, but please let me know if you have any others. :)

I held off taking SG classes for quite awhile because I have a very erratic work schedule and even if I'm scheduled to be off, I'm on call 24/7 so there's really no planning anything for me. Then I discovered I can sign up for the class, go through the class materials at my own pace, get the transcripts for the chats, where good questions and answers are available, access to info on the forum from past and future sessions of the same class and access to the private galleries. Some classes are more important to "attend", just like in school, but many are suitable to self study with the ability to ask questions. If you're interested, sign up, I don't think you'll be disappointed. It is fun to interact on the MB with your fellow students and during the class chats, there's not enough time for much banter, so you don't really lose out on any of the fun either.

I see that you have had lots of responses and Jan gave you the full scoop on the classes. As an instructor, I have had people contact me and say that they wouldn't be able to take the chats but want to participate. It seems to have worked well for everyone and for the techniques classes, I sometimes get follow-up questions through PM or email as well as the forum discussions. I don't mind any questions at all and when I'm running a class, I check in several times a day to make sure that I can respond in a timely fashion. I know all the other instructors feel the same way so if you're interested in a class, don't let the time of chats throw you. As Jan mentioned, we're all in different locations and try to find times that are suitable for as many time zones as possible, and do try to vary times to some extent.

HTH :)

duh!!!!! see Jo slapping her forehead... HARD.. I can never take a class because of the time difference between here and there but this is GOOD news to me as there have been some brilliant classes that I have wanted to attend but it would mean waking up in the middle of the night... you do NOT want me around then. thanks for the heads up guys, am gonna get me some classes, wahooo

You mean all this time I could have been getting the class info and not attend the class. I haven't signed up for anything because of my work schedule, and time zone. A lot like the instructor of this class. Thank you for the info. I am really excited now. I have been dying to take some of the classes, but don't get home from work until 6 pm or later. Thank you girls. Good info!!!! :thankyou::dancingelephant:

Archived