Re-june-venate Chit Chat Thread

AngRoCamp

Got 24 and 25 done so I'm all caught up again. Did a little shopping but didn't check out yet. Must check to make sure I didn't miss anything that is a must-have since we can use the coupon only one time. Gotta make it good!

I'm off to get my walk in for the day. Speaking of ... how is the walking going Vaughnde? Are you keeping up? I was thinking I could meet you halfway on the I-5 corridor :D Where would that be ... like around Eugene or so? It might take me a while with only getting in 2-3 miles each day, but eventually I would get there. Keep your cell phone handy. I could call when I start getting closer. :walkinghelmet::rofl::walkinghelmet:

:rofl: :rofl: What cell phone???? Probably Eugene but I didn't walk today. I will tomorrow though :) Daughter has my camera for the night down the hall :)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still have the walk to go ... decided to wait for DH to get home. Cooked some rice to go in the meatloaf instead ... and played some word challenge on FB. (another addiction :))

LOL just saw your post on fb about going for a walk, it's 10:15 here.

Actually, many times we are walking between 10:30 and 11:00 at night after Mike gets home from work. :D Tonight we were early because he finished with his lessons early. He's a private teacher - low brass.

Bruiser was a good boy walking tonight and then Mike and I had to take the new car out for a drive :drive1: Mike hasn't had much of a chance to check it out until tonight. Had to show him how the ipod works and tell him all about the xm radio stuff. :D

I forget, but assume that some of our 25 posts could come from leaving love in the gallery, right?

I'm off to bed before I fall asleep at the computer! Not sure if I'll be online tomorrow as we're leaving our hotel, hiking around/driving around in the Badlands, and possibly heading toward DeSmet where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived for several years. LOVE those books!

Oh, I have been immersed in Little House and Laura Ingalls Wilder since I decided to re-read the series over the winter, and then my daughter asked me to read it to her. (She didn't want me to when I offered to in the autumn, but I went ahead and read them to myself! THEN she wanted me to!) We just finished Little Town.. last night. I hope you do go to De Smet and tell us what you saw.

I came to post about today's challenge. What a coincidence! I just signed up for the Scrapgirls photography class that begins Monday, so today's task is like a warm up for that!

My Daughter has my camera right now and I'm sure she is sleeping! She's spending a few days with Tiffany down the hallway a couple apartments down :D Myself...I got about 5 and half hours sleep last night which is the norm anyway so I'll go walking and taking pictures later :D

It is already very hot here (supposed to be our hottest day so far this year) so I probably won't take too many during the day. We are going out for catfish with friends tonight, so I'll definitely take the camera with me. I do have a dahlia that just opened up, so I'll go out and take some of it.

This might be a good time for me to see if I can find the manual for my rebel. I'm always twisting buttons and trying this and that, but when it's all said and done, I don't know what I did to get the picture I like. Hmmm ... there must be a better way ...:dunno:

This might be a good time for me to see if I can find the manual for my rebel. I'm always twisting buttons and trying this and that, but when it's all said and done, I don't know what I did to get the picture I like. Hmmm ... there must be a better way ...:dunno:

I took the photography class a while back, and it is wonderful. I really need to go back and review all my notes and photos. I'm sure I don't remember everything.

You can browse your manual online too :)

You can browse your manual online too :)

That is probably what I will end up doing ... searching/finding on-line manual. Just finished my shopping. Have a couple of stitching styles to try out to make my stitches look more realistic. I have to laugh at one of them. If I had tension like that on one of my quilts I would be getting the ripper out really fast. :rofl: but, must remember - stitching on paper is different.

Off to the download center! :walkinghelmet:

I'm confused by today's task. We haven't selected photos yet. With the number 27 showing up twice in these directions, it sounds like this was supposed to be tomorrow's task, after we select photos today.

"Task #27

Explore the boutique and identify 3 ScrapGirls products/collections that would compliment the photos you selected in task #27"

I'm confused by today's task. We haven't selected photos yet. With the number 27 showing up twice in these directions, it sounds like this was supposed to be tomorrow's task, after we select photos today.

"Task #27

Explore the boutique and identify 3 ScrapGirls products/collections that would compliment the photos you selected in task #27"

Hi Michele, I sent Carla a message asking for clarification on today's task because of the same thing you just mentioned. Hopefully we'll hear back soon. :D

"Task #27

Hi Michele, I sent Carla a message asking for clarification on today's task because of the same thing you just mentioned. Hopefully we'll hear back soon. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's confused. I also wondered whether the collections we select need to be ones we don't have, or whether it matters.

Carla changed it. Here is the new one.

Task #27

Explore the boutique and identify 3 ScrapGirls products/collections that would compliment the photos you selected in task #26

Task requirement: Post to this thread and share links to the three products you found.

I'm still kind of confused too. I guess I'll just do two tasks in one: choose photos AND choose products. I've played around so much with my camera in the last couple of days I have over 100 pics from which to choose. First I need to write about some of the things I learned about my camera settings for the previous task.

Can you believe it ... we only have 3 more tasks left ... 28, 29, and 30 ... wonder what they'll have us do next!

Had fun today working on Task 26. We hiked the trail up to the head of Multnomha Falls today. I took so many pictures I filled the card! :rofl: Even got Mike interested in doing more than a quick "point and shoot" He learned about framing and taking time to focus today. Hmmmm ... s'pose that might work for some extra credit points in the game??? :dunno: teaching someone else how the camera works and how to get some great shots ??? It's worth a shot. :)

I was so excited about my flower close-ups that I had to scrap one quick tonight ... you can see it HERE.

It's getting late here ... time for some :going-to-sleep: so I'll be all ready for Monday's task!

OK so now I am really confused it says for today to make a LO with the pictures you selected in task # 27, but task 27 was to select products? So are we supposed to make a LO with the products from 27 and the pictures from 26? please help?

Darn! I was hoping she'd say "go buy one of the collections and scrap your photos from yesterday!" LOL. I could tell DH "well, it's for a challenge and I had to buy another collection Dear!" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Besides there is a sale going on!

OK so now I am really confused it says for today to make a LO with the pictures you selected in task # 27, but task 27 was to select products? So are we supposed to make a LO with the products from 27 and the pictures from 26? please help?

I think we just need to make a layout with the photos from #26.

Yeah thats what I think too...Photos from Task 26 in a Layout...although I was also hoping that they would say buy one of the 3 collections you listed for your product LOL! With the sale on I just might anyway get the Farmers Bounty because I have a feeling it'll come in handy this summer!

Yeah thats what I think too...Photos from Task 26 in a Layout...although I was also hoping that they would say buy one of the 3 collections you listed for your product LOL! With the sale on I just might anyway get the Farmers Bounty because I have a feeling it'll come in handy this summer!

Famers Bounty is a great collection. I've used it several times in my LOs.

I had a feeling this might be what was coming down the pike for our task. I could say I already did it with the LO I posted yesterday (Irish blessing - thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies - I really struggled with the ribbons in the background creating the frame for the photo :)) but I want to scrap several of the other photos I took too, so I didn't worry about jumping the gun.

Darn! I was hoping she'd say "go buy one of the collections and scrap your photos from yesterday!" LOL. I could tell DH "well, it's for a challenge and I had to buy another collection Dear!" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Besides there is a sale going on!

It sounds perfectly logical to me. I think you should do it and tell your DH I said so!

;)

Hm...and I think I'll take my own advice, bwahahahah!

I'd love to tell you to go shopping!

I've fixed today's post. I should read the tasks more carefully before posting them!

For today's task, create a layout using the photos you took for task #26 (when you experimented with the camera settings). Sorry for the confusion!

I'd love to tell you to go shopping!

I've fixed today's post. I should read the tasks more carefully before posting them!

For today's task, create a layout using the photos you took for task #26 (when you experimented with the camera settings). Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks Carla, How's your dh doing by the way? When does he come back? I've been praying for you :D

Thank you, Rosemary! Dh is doing well, and is coming home on leave for Christmas. I think he's trying to prepare me for an extension already, but he denies it. He should be home in March, but we shall see!

Archived