Re-june-venate Chit Chat Thread

AngRoCamp

Okay, last hint for a while since I have a lot of stuff on my plate.

HINT:

The four papers are ONLY from 2006 and 2008.

And here are all the previous hints in one little place:

None of the papers are currently in any collection in the What's New section.

While searching for "Green", I actually stumbled upon the "Blue".

None of the papers are from any of Amanda McGee's collections.

Well, I finally figured out why no one has figured out one of the papers. It turns out it's not part of a collection. Just a paper set. That should narrow things down considerably.

Four different papers from four different collections from four different designers.

Now, I expect a few more of you to get out there and do some hunting! We only have three people who have finished the task and only a handful more that have turned anything in to me. Don't wait until the last minute to do this one. Just a bit at a time will keep your eyes working. I look forward to hearing from ALL of you. ;)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, last hint for a while since I have a lot of stuff on my plate.

HINT:

The four papers are ONLY from 2006 and 2008.

And here are all the previous hints in one little place:

None of the papers are currently in any collection in the What's New section.

While searching for "Green", I actually stumbled upon the "Blue".

None of the papers are from any of Amanda McGee's collections.

Well, I finally figured out why no one has figured out one of the papers. It turns out it's not part of a collection. Just a paper set. That should narrow things down considerably.

Four different papers from four different collections from four different designers.

Now, I expect a few more of you to get out there and do some hunting! We only have three people who have finished the task and only a handful more that have turned anything in to me. Don't wait until the last minute to do this one. Just a bit at a time will keep your eyes working. I look forward to hearing from ALL of you. ;)

Okay does "TRIFOCIALS" mean anything to anybody????? By the time I get the lines of visions in the right spot. . .I've FORGOTTEN what I'm looking for. . .HECK TO BE OLD. . .LOL

Oh ... keep your fingers crossed for me ... said I would only look until 11:00 and then must get on with the day. Just sent in my second guess for 4 possible papers.

Ohhhhhh .... I'm hoping and hopping ... :bouncing-frog:

Oh ... keep your fingers crossed for me ... said I would only look until 11:00 and then must get on with the day. Just sent in my second guess for 4 possible papers.

The suspense is maddening isn't it? Here's hoping you got them all.

quick question that has nothing to do with any of the tasks.....

how do I get rid of the white in my signature? Do I need to save my file differently. When I created it, I made sure that my background was transparent.

I thought I was good at technology, but when it comes to PSE, I feel like one of those old ladies that can't figure out how to double click a mouse. :banghead:

quick question that has nothing to do with any of the tasks.....

how do I get rid of the white in my signature? Do I need to save my file differently. When I created it, I made sure that my background was transparent.

I thought I was good at technology, but when it comes to PSE, I feel like one of those old ladies that can't figure out how to double click a mouse. :banghead:

We've all been there ... not to worry. Save your web siggy as a PNG rather than a JPEG and that will make it float on the page. PNGs always have a transparent background and JPEGS will always have a box around them that automatically fills with white as a default if there are any "empty areas" in the image. HTH

Thanks Kay! Look below! I look like a real message-boarder now! Well, almost. I'm missing those blinkies, but atleast I'm making progress. ;)

Ah, the ever-lovin' blinkies. I search through the boards and seem to find them in different places. I wish they were all in a list like the emoticons are. Maybe someone more experienced can help us both make that task a little easier.

TASK 5 update ... I have three of them now for sure and just need one more. With the great hints we've gotten it makes it a little bit more like a logic puzzle when sorting out which one could be correct on your submitted list.

The last hint was the best! It really helped me nail down possibilities more accurately. I think my poor eyes (and house cleaning) need me to take a break and come back another day to look at papers again. :disappearing-smilie:

Fingers & toes (you've met Froggie & Monkey RIGHT??) are crossed for you Kay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fingers are crossed for you Kay...well, at least until I start baking carrot cake for DH's birthday today;)

Cheri did you have any lefttovers??? Monkey asking here teehee

My fingers are crossed for you Kay...well, at least until I start baking carrot cake for DH's birthday today;)

Cheri did you have any lefttovers??? Monkey asking here teehee

There are 4 little itty bitty pieces left over...first come first served! ;) How soon can monkey get here from Ohio, lol?

I'm working on the tutorial task, learning about layer masks HERE and I'm stuck at this part:

"Click on the Color Fill Adjustment Layer to make it active. Then, choose the Gradient Tool and choose a circular gradient moving from black in the center out to white."

I see only one black and white gradient and it goes from white to black instead, and I can't figure out how to reverse it. Unchecking the reverse box isn't changing it. What am I missing?

I'm working on the tutorial task, learning about layer masks HERE and I'm stuck at this part:

"Click on the Color Fill Adjustment Layer to make it active. Then, choose the Gradient Tool and choose a circular gradient moving from black in the center out to white."

I see only one black and white gradient and it goes from white to black instead, and I can't figure out how to reverse it. Unchecking the reverse box isn't changing it. What am I missing?

If you click on the white/black box attached to the layer and then push ctrl I it should make it the opposite color! Remember with layer masks Black conceals and white reveals! HTH!

If you click on the white/black box attached to the layer and then push ctrl I it should make it the opposite color! Remember with layer masks Black conceals and white reveals! HTH!

I've read it and re-read it and I don't get it. What white/black box where?

And I've read that black conceals, white reveals, but it doesn't make sense to me yet. I don't get how to do it yet.

Anyway, this part of the tutorial where I'm stuck has to do with the gradient tool; I can't figure out how to make the gradient colors go from black to white instead of the other way around.

Thanks for trying.

Maybe I ought to post in the help section. Or pick a different tutorial. But I do want to learn this.

yeah I'm hanging in there, but those flowers on Task 5 is kicking my butt. I quit on that one, it's the only one I haven't done yet. I submitted 3 guesses so far, to no avail..... oh well. 1 out of 30 isn't bad.

yeah I'm hanging in there, but those flowers on Task 5 is kicking my butt. I quit on that one, it's the only one I haven't done yet. I submitted 3 guesses so far, to no avail..... oh well. 1 out of 30 isn't bad.

Oh, don't give up yet! You still have two weeks to go! Take a break and try again. :)

Okay, so here's a BIG hint (but it will still take you awhile to find what you're looking for).

HINT: One of the designer's is Amanda Sok

Now, I expect to see some guesses soon. ;)

Archived