Midwest Meet Up-April 27-29 2012

Flap flap bwak bwak!

Interesting note: One of my PA classmates who is at the conference with me this week has 4 hens in their backyard in a coop. SHhhhhh....it it technically not legal in her town, lol. Only one neighbor can see, and they don't mind at all.

Hm...it's legal where I live...

Woohoo, can't wait for the meetup! April is a great month for getaways for me, lol. Although I could do without the 8 hours of lectures a day at the conference, harumph. It cuts into my scrapping time you know. :giggle_bear:

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got another question for you ladies.

Originally, I had booked our meeting room for noon to 11 on Friday and 9-11 on Saturday, but since the majority are coming in on Thursday, do we want the room for all day Friday too? Or do we want to take Friday morning for shopping and sight-seeing (not our photo walk)? It will only make a little bit of difference in what we need to chip in for the room. With as many people as we have, it will be less than $30 either way.

I will go ahead and ask for all day Friday and check on Thursday availability. We're going to be in and out so much on Thursday afternoon, how about maybe just for evening on Thursday?

I will go ahead and ask for all day Friday and check on Thursday availability. We're going to be in and out so much on Thursday afternoon, how about maybe just for evening on Thursday?

Thursday evening will work. You're right, there will be a lot of in and out during the day and afternoon, but we might want a room to set up "Scrapping Central Command Center" as people are arriving. But if the lobby will accommodate a bunch of crazy women hugging a lot and laughing a lot, then that might do as well too.

Two weeks from right now we'll be sitting around chattin and scrappin!!! With no kiddos!

One week from right this minute I'll be loading the car and getting ready to head up to Gayle's. Its a 5 hour drive from my place to hers. It's going to be so much fun to road trip it out to Omaha!

Two weeks from right now we'll be sitting around chattin and scrappin!!! With no kiddos!

I just got back from my conference 2 hours ago and I'm ready for some more kid-free time already! They are exasperating! (Must have something to do with Friday the 13th and the fact that the school carnival is tonight.)

OK, I have calmed down now from my moment of panic this morning when I realized all I need to do before a week from today...things are falling into place. I'm really looking forward to meeting you in real life!

Pat, is it too far out for a hint on what the weather might bring?

Cheri, I bet your DH appreciates you so much more after your conference!

Gayle, yeah, it probably is too early to say what the weather will be. We are one of the areas that has had an exceptionally warm spring but it's moderated the last few days. It could be 80 or it could be 40. More likely in the 60s to 70s range.

Gayle, yeah, it probably is too early to say what the weather will be. We are one of the areas that has had an exceptionally warm spring but it's moderated the last few days. It could be 80 or it could be 40. More likely in the 60s to 70s range.

LOL...who knows!! We had our air on last week (it was 90) and now we have on our heater!!!

lol...we didn't break down and turn our heater back on, but the boys did pull out the electric blankets again

You have to remember I live in an OLD farm house with NO insulation........it gets breezy in here....LOL

lol...we didn't break down and turn our heater back on, but the boys did pull out the electric blankets again

You have to remember I live in an OLD farm house with NO insulation........it gets breezy in here....LOL

And, we heat with wood :)

We have a heat pump and it's set on auto so if it gets too cold, it heats; too warm and the AC comes on. I love it. I'm sure it must be quite confused after the past couple of weeks though.

Speaking of weather, we're in an area for possibly very severe weather today. It's thundering and raining right now but I don't think any thing severe right now. More to come later.

We have a heat pump and it's set on auto so if it gets too cold, it heats; too warm and the AC comes on. I love it. I'm sure it must be quite confused after the past couple of weeks though.

Speaking of weather, we're in an area for possibly very severe weather today. It's thundering and raining right now but I don't think any thing severe right now. More to come later.

Stay safe Pat. A friend in MO said something about soft ball sized hail? I do NOT miss midwest weather. But I'll endure it for the sake of fun and friends and family. See y'all soon!!!!!

Safe and sound, if a little water-logged. Lots of rain, some thunder and lightning. Mom (in southwest Iowa) has a bit of water in one room in the basement, which is not too unusual during this kind of weather. Despite puddles and possibly more rain, we are headed out to Reiman Gardens today to see the brand new features for this year - LEGO! They have a different theme every year. Last year was insects with giant bug statues everywhere, and this year is huge Lego creations imitating nature. There are bees, butterflies, flowers, and even a lawn mower, lol. The artist is in town for the opening weekend and we want to go meet him and see all the creations. It'll be like mini-Legoland Ames! :)

Archived