Hybrid Atc Sign Up Details

Bride

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I must say that I LOVE bling, so it will be fun to see how everyone uses it on their cards. Pretty, pretty! Although my hubby doesn't much like it when I get glitter on him...but I think it makes him look better! LOL!

Sara, I hope you are feeling better soon! It's great to lay on the couch when you don't "have to", but it gets old quickly when you're stuck there!

Mine are very simple, too, just as they usually are. They'll be done today and I'll spend the rest of the week picking glue off my fingers!

You mean there are two of us called "Sticky Fingers"? LOL

Mine are still in my computer. Groan. Still can't sit in a chair at the table yet but I'm working on it. I have them all ready in the computer - getting very nervous and antsy though!

Meant to add I don't remember who suggested laying out the front & back together, printing & folding in half rather than 2 separate pieces but it worked like a charm. Much easier than trying to match up 2 separate pieces.

That's the way I've always done mine...SOOO much easier. And speaking of mine, they are now in the hands of the trusty USPS....holding breath until I hear they have arrived at their destination.

Hi everyone, I haven't been in the forum for a week or so because some of you had me panicked that my cards were overdue! I had to re-read Bride's email to be sure I wasn't late getting mine together. Nice to hear that some people are finished, some are in the middle, and some haven't even started theirs yet! :lol:

I love Valentines and am looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with this time. The Christmas ones blew me away -- you gals are SO talented. All those sticky fingers and glitter-sprinkled homes and husbands are worth it!

Mine are almost finished and should be in the mail early next week.

I feel terrible. I haven't even printed my cards out yet. I can sit long enough to print them but can't sit in the straight up chair long enough to do the gluing and glamming. I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to get my cards done on time. Doc says two more weeks before the swelling goes down enough for me to sit normally and it's making me feel really awful - I still have alot of pain and when I do try and sit to print (and gosh knows, I've tried several times) the swelling just gets in the way - the incision is in a terrible place to keep me in a reclining position to stay comfortable.

Not going to say I'm out just yet cause I'm hoping that I can get them done. I just don't want anyone mad at me if I do have to drop out. I had no idea about this surgery when I signed up for this.

I'm trying.........and that's where I am now.

I can print my cards out and mail them to anyone who wants to glue, glitz and glaam them for me! Any takers? :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :giggle_bear: :giggle_bear: :giggle_bear:

I feel terrible. I haven't even printed my cards out yet. I can sit long enough to print them but can't sit in the straight up chair long enough to do the gluing and glamming. I'm so afraid I'm not going to be able to get my cards done on time. Doc says two more weeks before the swelling goes down enough for me to sit normally and it's making me feel really awful - I still have alot of pain and when I do try and sit to print (and gosh knows, I've tried several times) the swelling just gets in the way - the incision is in a terrible place to keep me in a reclining position to stay comfortable.

Not going to say I'm out just yet cause I'm hoping that I can get them done. I just don't want anyone mad at me if I do have to drop out. I had no idea about this surgery when I signed up for this.

I can print my cards out and mail them to anyone who wants to glue, glitz and glaam them for me! Any takers? :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :going-crazy: :giggle_bear: :giggle_bear: :giggle_bear:

Sara, take care of yourself foremost. But, truly - the cards are not due at Lei's until January 9th so there is still time - almost 3 weeks! A lot of people were really quick finishing, but as Diane said - the group is in different stages of "finish".... Or, not.... I am just starting to design my digital part right now.

Relax, get well and do what you can... Or not! :) Most important to take care of you. And, feel better!

Sara, take care of yourself foremost. But, truly - the cards are not due at Lei's until January 9th so there is still time - almost 3 weeks! A lot of people were really quick finishing, but as Diane said - the group is in different stages of "finish".... Or, not.... I am just starting to design my digital part right now.

Relax, get well and do what you can... Or not! :) Most important to take care of you. And, feel better!

:) :) :) You're so sweet, Marilyn! I'm just not used to being down and it's getting to me. I think I thought this was going to be no harder than a root canal! I'd take 10 root canals over this! :) :)

Sara, Please take care of yourself and give yourself permission to be kind to your body. It knows how to heal so give it the time it needs to do it. Nature works at her own pace. :) You give so much love everyday in the forum that we can close our eyes and just picture a virtual Valentine from you. If a real one comes in the mail later, that will be icing on the cake, so to speak.

Sara, Please take care of yourself and give yourself permission to be kind to your body. It knows how to heal so give it the time it needs to do it. Nature works at her own pace. :) You give so much love everyday in the forum that we can close our eyes and just picture a virtual Valentine from you. If a real one comes in the mail later, that will be icing on the cake, so to speak.

OK - now you've made me smile and cry at the same time! What a very sweet thing to say. MUAH!

I spent a fun weekend glitzing up my Valentines and they are now packed up and mailed! I added a little more bling this time around (my Christmas ATCs were mostly digital) -- just because I like to do that to Valentines. It will be fun to see everyone else's, sparkly or not. :D

Like Angela, I'm excited about getting cards from around the country and globe!

Jane's and Shannon's arrived today ... gee it's like Christmas at my house with envelopes arriving with such treasures ... You ladies are going to be so blessed!!

Well, my ATCs are designed, printed, assembled and waiting for blinging! One QUESTION, please?

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someone help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

Thanks so much :)

Well, my ATCs are designed, printed, assembled and waiting for blinging! One QUESTION, please?

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someone help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

Thanks so much :)

Marilyn, sliding the edge along the inpad won't mess up your card - at least in my experience it adds a nice touch if a wee bit of the ink gets on the design - but if you just carefully hold the inkpad and rub it on the edges, you can do it without getting it on other parts of your card - easy pease, my friend.

Archived