Weekend Wildcard Challenge 2/16/19

SodScrap

Celebrating Valentine's Day always makes me think of candy.  Candy hearts.  Chocolate hearts.  Valentine Candy Corn.  Pink and red M & Ms.  You name it, if it is candy, they make it special for Valentine's Day!!  (sugar overload anyone??)  Chances are you bought Valentine candy for a gift (OR yourself, I won't tell!!) or you received some as a gift.

Your challenge today is to create a layout using (any) Valentine candy for your inspiration.  You can use the colors or the shapes of the candy.  Or you might choose to use the texture of the wrap or a design element from the packaging.  The possibilities are endless.  I have included some photos for inspiration, but you are not limited to these.  Please share your inspiration with us.  I cannot wait to see the gorgeous layouts you create!

Please post your layouts in the
Weekend Challenge Gallery and post a link back in this thread.  

Valentine_Candy_1.jpg

Valentine_Candy_3.jpg

Valentine_Candy_A.jpg

Valentine_Candy_C.png

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Stunning!

How did you create the background?  I know it's one of Syndee's templates, but what was your method for coloring?  Do tell!!  

I'll gladly tell my "secrets." :D The template is layered and all I did was clip papers to the different layers. http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Paper-Templates-Marbled-Masks.html  I experimented a while with the colors of the papers that I used, so I'm so glad you like how it turned out!

9 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

I'll gladly tell my "secrets." :D The template is layered and all I did was clip papers to the different layers. http://store.scrapgirls.com/ScrapSimple-Paper-Templates-Marbled-Masks.html  I experimented a while with the colors of the papers that I used, so I'm so glad you like how it turned out!

Thanks, Diane! ? I was curious if those were papers or if you used a different method.  I love that after you clip papers, you can move them to different layers to get the end result you are looking for.  Sometimes how I think it's going to work doesn't, so I just rearrange papers until it looks right.  

1 hour ago, SodScrap said:

Thanks, Diane! ? I was curious if those were papers or if you used a different method.  I love that after you clip papers, you can move them to different layers to get the end result you are looking for.  Sometimes how I think it's going to work doesn't, so I just rearrange papers until it looks right.  

Yup. I'm very familiar with that "rearranging" thing, LOL. 

Archived