April's Book Selection! :)

blueheartscraps

Good morning, fellow readers! I'm running a little late getting this posted (it was supposed to be up last night). My apologies.
This month's selection was a struggle. After our first two books, filled with death and drama, I really wanted to pick something light and airy...but all of the books that called to my soul once again contained themes of death and trauma or claimed themselves as psychological thrillers. *sigh* This month's pick is in the humor category and proclaims that it "
takes readers on a relatable and hilarious ride"...so I'm REALLY going to need it to live up to that! 😏
For the month of April, we're going to be reading and discussing the book And Then There's Margaret by Carolyn Clarke.
You can read the book's description on the image below, or by visiting the book's Goodreads page here:
And Then There's Margaret

aprilbook.jpg.83d6077977d0fbd20457eee36c6c4063.jpg

You can purchase a copy of the book on Amazon using the link below:

And Then There's Margaret on Amazon

Feel free to grab the book and begin reading at your convenience.  We will post a discussion thread on April 1st with a few talking points and questions to get the discussion started, but don't worry. We'll discuss the book all month long, so no need to rush!

• Like 1

Grabbed it.  Probably wont start it quite yet so its fresher in my mind when we do discussion questions. 🤣 Maybe I'll remember character names better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tracy said:

Grabbed it.  Probably wont start it quite yet so its fresher in my mind when we do discussion questions. 🤣 Maybe I'll remember character names better.

I'm the same way. Not that I read a TON each month (a couple books, maybe) -- but if I don't finish this one right before we start discussing it, I'll have forgotten half of what's going on. My brain is mush. 💩

• Like 1

Well my 3 Libby App Library cards don’t have this title available to borrow but I do have an audible credit available so there’s that. I also will wait a bit to start it as 2 of my libby holds popped up close together so I need to finish those first. And this new pick will fit one of the prompts of a reading challenge I’m doing, so yay!

• Like 2

I'm still trying to get through last month's book, so I don't think I'll be able to join in this month.   I haven't been able to join in any of the questions because I"m always behind. 😱

• Like 1

21 hours ago, beatricemi said:

I'm struggling a bit with the new rescue puppy. I probably can't do last months. Fingers crossed for this one. If I have a spare minute I'm cleaning or cooking. It was my choice so no one to blame but me.

I feel this completely! We went from zero pets to 4 rescue kittens in just a few weeks, and it's been a CRAZY adventure, lol!
I'm used to reading mostly at night, in bed, while everyone else is asleep and it's quiet. But 'my' kitten DOES. NOT. LIKE. THAT.
He tries to bite my phone all the time...so my reading's dropped a good bit lately ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MariJ said:

I'm still trying to get through last month's book, so I don't think I'll be able to join in this month.   I haven't been able to join in any of the questions because I"m always behind. 😱

The discussion posts are always open, so join in with any of them ANY time! :)

• Like 1

I got the book from the library and managed the first 2 pages. I really like audio books since sometimes I can listen while cleaning and cooking. I have 2 libraries and an app called everand but none of them have the last 2 books. Is audible the only other option? I did a trial but now it's so expensive.

I was able to get another 30 days free so dl this months' book.

19 minutes ago, beatricemi said:

I got the book from the library and managed the first 2 pages. I really like audio books since sometimes I can listen while cleaning and cooking. I have 2 libraries and an app called everand but none of them have the last 2 books. Is audible the only other option? I did a trial but now it's so expensive.

I was able to get another 30 days free so dl this months' book.

I use the Libby app with access to 3 different libraries and I had the same problem. One of my daughters gifted a 3 month subscription to audible. After it expired and didn’t renew it they offered me another 3 months at a discount rate. It’s happened twice so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the book! It was an easy read for me, and I finished it pretty quickly. I don't know any "Margarets" either-- my MIL was a saint. ❤️