Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Oh boy, this is going to be a tough choice! I might have to stop at the buffet lunch, pick up some sustenance like cheese, crackers, some fruit, some nuts, some chicken strips, some brownies... while I give the sketches some thought.

Most of that sounds yummy to me!   I think I’ll join you, maybe add a bit of hummus and bring more of everything!

21 minutes ago, Florida granny said:

Oh good, hummus! That will be perfect with the extra crackers I picked up. And carrot sticks, too. :) (Although this is all too healthy, LOL)

Ummmmm...  How about some dark-chocolate covered almonds.   Nuts are healthy, right?   

I seriously don’t yet have an idea for this one. But getting back to the movies... I watched Mamma Mia 2 this afternoon ,my hormones are all over the place right now. Wyatt come over to my house and was cuddled up to me. The last song Meryl Streep sings at the baby blessing is so so beautiful..  got a few tears in my eyes. He says there is something in your eye Nana, let me get it... and rubs my eyes with his blanket.... oh my heart.

3 hours ago, MariJ said:

You’re the expert on the sketch look!    How about some sugar-snap peas and broccoli florets too?

I don’t feel like an expert at the moment. I’ve tried several different photos and didn’t like any of them. 

Love sugar snap peas with hummus. Never tried broccoli. I also love hummus with my avocado toast. ?

3 hours ago, alsoarty said:

I seriously don’t yet have an idea for this one. But getting back to the movies... I watched Mamma Mia 2 this afternoon ,my hormones are all over the place right now. Wyatt come over to my house and was cuddled up to me. The last song Meryl Streep sings at the baby blessing is so so beautiful..  got a few tears in my eyes. He says there is something in your eye Nana, let me get it... and rubs my eyes with his blanket.... oh my heart.

Oh sweet Wyatt❤️??

1 hour ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I don’t feel like an expert at the moment. I’ve tried several different photos and didn’t like any of them. 

Love sugar snap peas with hummus. Never tried broccoli. I also love hummus with my avocado toast. ?

OOOOOhhhh...  Never had hummus with Avocado toast, sounds good!
I like broccoli and even cauliflower and little cherry tomatoes with Hummus too!  

15 hours ago, alsoarty said:

Awww.... ❤️❤️❤️

17 hours ago, alsoarty said:

❤️❤️❤️ bless him he loves his Nana so much ... so sweet it's pulling on my hear strings too reading this.

And so I had a shower, got Amanda up and dressed, fed her, baked a loaf of bread, did 2 loads of laundry... and OOPS ... I forgot to post todays post. Better late than never huh?

27th Sept
Who was it who decided to redecorate the veranda? You are lucky that the lodge owners like the changes you made.
Add something art related to your layout.

When you have finished your layout post it in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

I went with the black and white sketch. I planned to make a black and white layout but got thrown by the "add something art related". In the end, I changed my photo to a sketch and added a charcoal pencil. :) I also kept the original photo as part of the layout. Whew! Here's my SG Retreat LO #11

Now to join all of you who are lounging around the veranda. I could definitely use some lounging time! 

4 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

I'll go for the B&W sketch but I found this difficult as so tired tonight as had a busy 2 days. 

I was painting the spare bedroom today so not guilty of doing the veranda  but whoever did it its fabulous and such a nice place to lounge around in.:) 

I added a black crayon to this LO of Scout :) 

I would have helped you paint then we could have arrived a little late on the veranda  but at least we could have gone for a little while.

Just now, MariJ said:

I’m going to be sorry to see this relaxing time end.   Anyone have any plans for a weekend get-together?    The snack party was great!   It looks like a gorgeous day outside maybe we can picnic and relax by the water?   

Relax by the water...I'm in!!! Lounge chairs and umbrellas for all.