Scrap Girls Retreat 2019

ValerieT

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, MariJ said:

I’m going to be sorry to see this relaxing time end.   Anyone have any plans for a weekend get-together?    The snack party was great!   It looks like a gorgeous day outside maybe we can picnic and relax by the water?   

I'm in!  I really do not want to pack up yet.  I think a day sitting by the lake would be a great way to spend the day.  I have a cooler with some hard cider, I think that would go well to help us unwind.

11 minutes ago, Grandmadori said:

I'm in!  I really do not want to pack up yet.  I think a day sitting by the lake would be a great way to spend the day.  I have a cooler with some hard cider, I think that would go well to help us unwind.

Yay!  This will be fun and very relaxing.... 

28th Sept
I hope you have found the month relaxing.
Your inspiration is RELAX for our last layout but you have a choice. You can either create an art journal layout or a photo-less layout focusing on journalling.
There will be no extra task for this layout so go ahead and post it when you are finished.

Oh my goodness...I just finished a layout for this last challenge...BUT  it is so wrong for this!  Should go back up to my room and try to think on it a bit...maybe I need to relax and something will come to me. In the meantime, here is the one I did, might as well post it, but I need to explain.   My youngest granddaughter started singing and playing this song for me this summer and it is stuck in my head, it makes me happy when I think of the song because it reminds me of her, so although it has nothing to do with relaxation, it definitely has to do with joy, at least it makes me feel joyful when I see my little Lana dancing around singing it.

Raining Tacos

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

17 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

My favorite escape. (#12)

Wow this month has flown by and was so much fun! I can't believe I actually finished all the challenges! I guess we're meeting down at the lake later. I'll bring some of my homemade Bailey's for one last toast. Tastes good in coffee, cocoa (or in a B-52 if you're daring).

Homemade Bailey's...I'll try the  B_52 does that come with the Baileys recipe???

19 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

My favorite escape. (#12)

Wow this month has flown by and was so much fun! I can't believe I actually finished all the challenges! I guess we're meeting down at the lake later. I'll bring some of my homemade Bailey's for one last toast. Tastes good in coffee, cocoa (or in a B-52 if you're daring).

I'll be there for sure! :D

This has been a great month, can't believe how much I got done, and it has moved so quickly.  A last evening to sit around the lake before heading home, I love watching the birds out on the water.  Although its warm there is a little "fall feel" to the air.  I'll miss this place.  I'll bring a thermos of coffee to add that Baileys to.  Don't forget your coffee mug.  Not sure if I'll get that second journaling page done or not, feeling rather mellow right now.

siggie-Sept-19.jpg.548d9fb26332ae3d16659ba7f78916dc.jpg1530379248_retreatsiggie.png.855c0854ac79a76dd2f3782ead3b0332.png

3 hours ago, Boatlady said:

Homemade Bailey's...I'll try the  B_52 does that come with the Baileys recipe???

Sure does:

1 1/4 - 1 3/4 Irish whiskey, brandy, rum, bourbon, scotch or rye whiskey. (I usually use a cheaper bourbon)
1 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream
4 eggs (I usually only use 3)
2 TBS chocolate syrup 
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Can be store in fridge for 1 month. (ours never lasts that long. lol!!) Stir before serving. (fyi the recipe is from Eagle Brand).

A  B-52 is a shot drink with equal parts of Kahlua, Bailey's and Grand Marnier. It's quite yummy!

30th Sept - - who said it could end this fast?
There is no special task today, use the time to catch up on any tasks or questions you may have missed.
If you are all finished why not take some time today to leave some love on the layouts in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

You have until 11:59pm (ET) tonight to post any layouts and answers to questions. Anything posted after this time will not be included in the prize draw.

2 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Sure does:

1 1/4 - 1 3/4 Irish whiskey, brandy, rum, bourbon, scotch or rye whiskey. (I usually use a cheaper bourbon)
2 TBS chocolate syrup 
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Can be store in fridge for 1 month. (ours never lasts that long. lol!!) Stir before serving. (fyi the recipe is from Eagle Brand).

A  B-52 is a shot drink with equal parts of Kahlua, Bailey's and Grand Marnier. It's quite yummy!

Whoa - that sounds wicked, I’d be on the floor!   Then again - doesn’t take much for me!  :rofl:

7 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Sure does:

2 TBS chocolate syrup 
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Whoa...wait a minute is it all of the spirits?  or just one?  I do think I'll have to try a B-52, that sounds really good.

42 minutes ago, Grandmadori said:

Whoa...wait a minute is it all of the spirits?  or just one?  I do think I'll have to try a B-52, that sounds really good.

For a B-52 you use all three ingredients listed. It’s a shot drink so you don’t use a lot. I don’t order them very often because they can be expensive. It’s also a layered drink and it’s kind of pretty to look at. I did a atc about one awhile back and if I was at home I would post the link to it. You can google it if you want to see what the look like. Some bartenders don’t know how to make them so I have to tell them. ?

10 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Sure does:

2 TBS chocolate syrup 
2 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

This sounds wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, alsoarty said:
30th Sept - - who said it could end this fast?
There is no special task today, use the time to catch up on any tasks or questions you may have missed.
If you are all finished why not take some time today to leave some love on the layouts in the ScrapGirls Retreat Gallery.

You have until 11:59pm (ET) tonight to post any layouts and answers to questions. Anything posted after this time will not be included in the prize draw.

Was there ever  a drawing for a prize?