March Madness 2024!

Layout #3, Task 6 (Saturday, March 23rd)

TASK:  You made it to the end of your Art Journal of Madness layout!  Last minute tweaks - move things around, add shadows, adjust opacity, etc - then upload your layout to the Slow Scrap Gallery and leave a link to your layout in this thread.  Happy Saturday!  

I'm going to be delayed posting, my ehd isn't responding. It's my supplies ehd, and I have most supplies backed up, but today is dh's bday and not a lot of time to work on things!!

Welcome to Layout #4!  This is our last week of March Madness. Prizes will be announced at the very end - oh, the anticipation!  You've got until Sunday night at midnight, March 31st, to upload all 4 layouts from this month, in order to be eligible for the grand prize.  

Layout #4, Task 1 (Monday, March 25th):

1.  Find a photo (or photos) that you think will work well, and change it/them to black and white.  

2.  Choose ONE or TWO main colors to use for your layout, and then choose either black OR white to use in addition to the other one or two colors.

3.  Find 5 papers that fit your color theme; if there are other colors in the papers you choose, that is fine, but try to choose papers that mostly fit the one or two colors you've chosen.  You may crop them, layer them, blend them, whatever you'd like, for your background behind your photo(s). 

Woo hoo, off to the races! 😃

I am off work today (Monday) - I'm hoping to get a little caught up on my own layouts, and leave some love on everyone else's!  I can't wait to pore over everyone's AJ layouts from last week!

• Like 1

Not sure what we're doing yet, so I didn't do anything but add them to my layout. 

Frosty Fun, Sugar Crush, Kissing booth, Santa Baby, and Deep Freeze papers used.

721639107_MarchMadness4.thumb.jpg.e694438eff425278fd6c0956e795f2fa.jpg

• Like 1

Whew! Had to go looking in the store for what I needed, but I think I found the perfect one, I hope. I also hope I did not just jynx myself, LOL! :)

• Haha 2

Layout #4, Task 2 (Tuesday, March 26th):

TASKS - today isn't too hard!  😁

1. Frame your photo in some way (make a frame for it, or find one from a collection), OR mask your photo.

2. Find 5 unique embellishments to use on your layout.  Try to match them with your chosen colors (there is a reason for this coming soon...)

week 4_Task 2

frame and 5 embellishments added ( I'm hoping these embellishments work but very nervous about next tasks 😬 I've added the embellishments on a separate LO to show you what I've used as not showing up well.

695857376_week4_embellishmentsandframe.thumb.jpg.9a382589b08eb4d8ffefe6b9561516ee.jpg   621732102_5embellishments.thumb.jpg.03cae6386a5806a2c9be7aa07db2dcbb.jpg

• Like 3

Alright. I arranged things and framed the photo. I added buttons from Kissing booth and Spring break. I added the flower and gem from Birthstone flowers and used a beautiful pink flower from Mischief Makers.

March Madness 4.jpg

• Like 3

Layout #4, Task 3 (Wednesday, March 27th):

The layouts are looking great!  I've been so impressed with how everyone has handled this month's "madness!" 

TASKS:

1.  NOW... add 4 more embellishments, but choose embellishments that complement one or both of the colors you already chose.  What are complementary colors?  They are opposite each other on the color wheel (I won't post a link here, but Google color wheel, and you'll be able to find your complementary colors; a basic example, red and blue are complementary, they are opposite each other on the color wheel).  If you already have two colors that are complementary to each other, then instead choose 4 embellishments that are white or black, whichever you don't already have (for example, if you already chose to use white, now find 4 mostly black embellishments).  Make sense?  Madness, I tell you!

2.  Create a title for your layout using at least one alpha. Wait... this is too easy... tilt or rotate your letters in some way, or place them unevenly on your layout.  😃

:shycouch:

1 hour ago, Tracy said:

Alright. I arranged things and framed the photo. I added buttons from Kissing booth and Spring break. I added the flower and gem from Birthstone flowers and used a beautiful pink flower from Mischief Makers.

March Madness 4.jpg

I love this photo, lol!

• Thanks 1

Here's a little trick I do to find a complementary color on my layouts: Click on the paper (in my case a brown paper), then go to Filter > Adjustments > Invert. It automatically changes the color to its complement. (Just remember to invert again to get it back to its original color.
Oh... that's a pretty blue! Now to find blue embellishments.... that don't look weird with the bird. :D 

• Like 1