June Monthly Forum Game

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 14 Speedbump complete

Because of this speedbump, I just backed up my scrapping supplies to my EHD.

I keep a "scrapbooking" folder, which is divided into collections. Christmas collections and freebies are their own folder with the scrapbooking folder. Besides collections, I have folders for papers, templates, and embellishments. I keep my Club purchases separate and labeled according to date. I keep the marketing layouts with the collections, too.

I've made two recent changes that are working well. First, I download everything into a "needs to be backed up" file, then copy to the Scrapbooking file. That way I know what new and needs to be moved to my EHD. They got moved today, so I'm up to date.

The other thing I've been doing faithfully is using the PSE Organizer. I tag papers based on size, color, and pattern. Embellishments are based mostly on use. E.g., borders, swirls, round items and buttons, vertical items, horizontal items, and some other categories that I use a lot, for example, flowers, leaves, and ribbons. Sometimes I tag the same thing several ways -- for example a paper might be striped and also blue.

I've tweaked my system a few times to make it work better, and right now I'm happy with it except for the increasing amount of scrap simple templates I'm purchasing, so it's good to read about what everyone else does.

Great speedbump -- I'm glad to get some good ideas from everyone!

I think you are the only other person I have ever seen on here who uses the PSE Organizer. I do too and I love it. A little work up front, but I can find my supplies so easily!

If you have tons of scrapbooking supplies in your PSE Organizer, someone said it slows your computer or PSE down a lot. Have you found that to be true?

I keep a "scrapbooking" folder, which is divided into collections. Christmas collections and freebies are their own folder with the scrapbooking folder. Besides collections, I have folders for papers, templates, and embellishments. I keep my Club purchases separate and labeled according to date. I keep the marketing layouts with the collections, too.

I've made two recent changes that are working well. First, I download everything into a "needs to be backed up" file, then copy to the Scrapbooking file. That way I know what new and needs to be moved to my EHD. They got moved today, so I'm up to date.

The other thing I've been doing faithfully is using the PSE Organizer. I tag papers based on size, color, and pattern. Embellishments are based mostly on use. E.g., borders, swirls, round items and buttons, vertical items, horizontal items, and some other categories that I use a lot, for example, flowers, leaves, and ribbons. Sometimes I tag the same thing several ways -- for example a paper might be striped and also blue.

I've tweaked my system a few times to make it work better, and right now I'm happy with it except for the increasing amount of scrap simple templates I'm purchasing, so it's good to read about what everyone else does.

I think you are the only other person I have ever seen on here who uses the PSE Organizer. I do too and I love it. A little work up front, but I can find my supplies so easily!

If you have tons of scrapbooking supplies in your PSE Organizer, someone said it slows your computer or PSE down a lot. Have you found that to be true?

No, but I don't keep the organizer open. I just open it when I'm looking for something, then I close it again.

Task 12

Using the colors in your photos, find or create a color palette for your layout. You may use Syndee's color swatch action, find an existing palette in a SG boutique product or create your own using the eyedropper tool.

Requirement is included in Task16.

The University also has a great tutorial by Thao that you may like: Using Your Favorite Photos and Art to Choose a Great Color Scheme

Reminder: There will be no tasks or speedbumps posted tomorrow (Sunday), the game will resume on Monday.

Task 11: Done

Task 12: Done I used Adobe Kuler to create several swatches from one of the photos I chose in Task 11. I've got them narrowed down to two, but I'm not sure which I want to use yet.

Task #12 done. syndee's swatch action works great - but I need to relearn how it works every time I use it! The colour palette is rather muted - hope its not going to make a dull and muddy LO.

I shall be away from the forum for a week so will catch up with you all on 24th June!

It is a little slower than when I first got PSE 10, but not horribly so. I have over 20,000 items tagged in it and someone said on here one time they had 40,000 + items tagged in theirs. I don't keep a lot of photos in it. Only the ones that I am currently scrapping. I move supplies into the Editor from the Organizer (instead of opening them from their file) so I keep it open all the time. I go back and forth between the Editor and the organizer constantly. It does do some quirky things occassionally - like a week or so ago, Editor just quit on me, and of course I hadn't saved my work. (I have been compulsive about saving ever since!) Not sure if that is due to so many things in Organizer or not. I may try not keeping Organizer open like Dianne said.

It is a little slower than when I first got PSE 10, but not horribly so. I have over 20,000 items tagged in it and someone said on here one time they had 40,000 + items tagged in theirs. I don't keep a lot of photos in it. Only the ones that I am currently scrapping. I move supplies into the Editor from the Organizer (instead of opening them from their file) so I keep it open all the time. I go back and forth between the Editor and the organizer constantly. It does do some quirky things occassionally - like a week or so ago, Editor just quit on me, and of course I hadn't saved my work. (I have been compulsive about saving ever since!) Not sure if that is due to so many things in Organizer or not. I may try not keeping Organizer open like Dianne said.

I'm just starting to use my organizer and I don't know how to flip pictures from the organizer to the editor I use PSE 9. TIA!!

Just highlight the photo or scrap supply you want to open in Editor. Then go to Edit and scroll down to Edit With Photoshop Elements Editor and click on it and whatever you have highlighted will open in the Editor. (I am really proud of myself - I think this is the first time I have ever been able to answer anyone's question on here!!)

Just highlight the photo or scrap supply you want to open in Editor. Then go to Edit and scroll down to Edit With Photoshop Elements Editor and click on it and whatever you have highlighted will open in the Editor. (I am really proud of myself - I think this is the first time I have ever been able to answer anyone's question on here!!)

Thanks so much, I don't know why I couldn't figure that out! it was so easy too! duh!!

Task 13 done, I hope.

Ladies:

I love my photo (Task 11), but.... when I made the color swatch (Task 12), I realized my colors are pretty clashy. Ugh. So I'd love some advice. I think I'd like to go with the neutral grays that are in the photo as a background, and only use the colors-that-clash as accents. Does that sound too boring?

I'd love to know how you solve the problem of clashing colors!

Thanks for your help!

http://store.scrapgi...2x12-Puppy-Love

Link for Puppy Love for "Part of the Family" for

Speedbumps done-I have always kept my collections together, but now I have begun separating another group into folders similar to Ro's method. I'm having a hard time finding things, since I've bought too much! Now I will have them together on an EHD and DVD's, plus a separate Scrapbook supplies of folders broken down into Papers, embellishments, masks, and others catagories. The Scrapsimple items, will stay together in one my clubs folders, but I will have a separate folder of folders, listing different types of items, like masks, layouts, alphs, word art, blenders, etc. This probably doesn't make sense...but maybe that's why I can't find anything. :P

Task #8

Task # 9 done

Task # 10 done

Task 13 done, I hope.Ladies:I love my photo (Task 11), but.... when I made the color swatch (Task 12), I realized my colors are pretty clashy. Ugh. So I'd love some advice. I think I'd like to go with the neutral grays that are in the photo as a background, and only use the colors-that-clash as accents. Does that sound too boring? I'd love to know how you solve the problem of clashing colors!Thanks for your help!

Could you make your photo b/w? Would that help? Or maybe just leave off a color from the swatch that is throwing you off? Just some thoughts....

Archived