May Colourful Slow Scrap

ValerieT

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, MariJ said:

OH NO!  Jean!   Good luck and hurry back, we'll miss you!  

Thanks! Hudson saved the day and soldered the wires back together. It's probably temporary but I can charge the Mac. I have a new cord ordered. :)

52 minutes ago, jenrou said:

Thanks! Hudson saved the day and soldered the wires back together. It's probably temporary but I can charge the Mac. I have a new cord ordered. :)

Yay!   Good for Hudson and glad you are back and workable for now.   And, Happy Mother's Day to you, Jean.   :)

3 hours ago, jenrou said:

Hudson is a hero!!! I hope it holds until the new cord arrives!

Remember, no challenge today, but a new week starts tomorrow!

WEEK THREE

15th May

This week will be a monochrome week.

You can use; black, white, grey and (because I'm nice) one colour of your choice. The colour of choice can only be used as an accent, not the main colour.

Don't forget to tell us what you accent colour will be.

Start a new layout in your preferred size and add just one paper and one photo.

ONE PAPER??? :blink:  Ack, that's a struggle for me!  lol  I haven't decided my accent color, will think about it and post when I can make a decision...I have an early appointment (taking my truck in for service....groan...) and another appointment in the afternoon....

I better run or I will be late to the first appointment!

50 minutes ago, jenrou said:

I'm a little dense on this...a monochrome photo, mono paper? Accent color on what? embellishments?

Hi Jean

From my Art Class I understand monochrome to be "one color" so from the intructions it looks like your photo and background must be black, white or gray along with one color of your choice.    
The one color can not be used as a main color, but only as an accent.

So, it looks like you can add accent color on your paper, photo, or with embellishments but the main colors used on your page must be black, white and gray.

Sorta like doing a black and white layout - and adding a few touches of color!  (Now, why didn't i say it that way in the first place?) :D

4 hours ago, SodScrap said:

ONE PAPER??? :blink:  Ack, that's a struggle for me!  lol  I haven't decided my accent color, will think about it and post when I can make a decision...I have an early appointment (taking my truck in for service....groan...) and another appointment in the afternoon....

I better run or I will be late to the first appointment!

Truck ooh Conda there is inspiration in your words, :rolleyes:

I think I have a good photo in mind for this... I've been wanting to scrap this photo for a while, and this sounds like the perfect setting!  Have to wait until I get home, though...

5 hours ago, Florida granny said:

I love the monochromatic look. The gallery should look very different this week!

Have fun, Conda, with your truck servicing (that was a joke). See you later! I'm off to pick a photo.

It was so not funny when I left with my UNFIXED TRUCK.  Why can't people stand behind their products???

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Hi Jean

From my Art Class I understand monochrome to be "one color" so from the intructions it looks like your photo and background must be black, white or gray along with one color of your choice.    
The one color can not be used as a main color, but only as an accent.

So, it looks like you can add accent color on your paper, photo, or with embellishments but the main colors used on your page must be black, white and gray.

Sorta like doing a black and white layout - and adding a few touches of color!  (Now, why didn't i say it that way in the first place?) :D

Thanks Marilyn!  Did this answer your questions Jean?  

I'm heading out now for my next appointment, but I'd rather take a nap. ;)  

Archived