Scrap Girls World Tour 2018

ValerieT

9 hours ago, AmandaK said:

Pool? Bar? , nah! I am the one on the side with an easel, sketching the view! LOL

Oohhhhh, that’s so cool, I might come and watch for a bit over your shoulder if that’s ok?   I love to watch artists and even do some drawing myself so maybe I can pick up some tips from you!   That will be a fun activity while we’re cruising!   ??‍?

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, A-M said:
4th July
We start our tour in Washington D.C. In particular at the Capitol Building. 
For your first layout we want you to use a extra large capital letter somewhere on your layout.
(Please remember that you are not to upload or show us your layout until you are asked to do so. You may think your layout is finished.... but.... there could be something else needed to be added or subtracted !!! )

Oh!  How cool to be in DC on the 4th of July, I hope we can see the fireworks tonight!  I’ve seen them on TV and they are gorgeous.  
I’m heading for the breakfast buffet and then I’m heading for the pool, I think I’ll have lunch there.  Anyone want to join me?  I think they are having a poolside BBQ and music!  ??‍♀️

4 minutes ago, MariJ said:

Oh!  How cool to be in DC on the 4th of July, I hope we can see the fireworks tonight!  I’ve seen them on TV and they are gorgeous.  
I’m heading for the breakfast buffet and then I’m heading for the pool, I think I’ll have lunch there.  Anyone want to join me?  I think they are having a poolside BBQ and music!  ??‍♀️

I'll join you Marilyn!! The pool sounds divine but I think I may have had too many drinks with the little umbrellas in them last night. :rofl:I'm behind on my tasks already! Hoping a little poolside relaxation will refresh me so I can get started. Now where did that hunky pool boy go? I need him to give me a massage, er rub some sun screen on my back. :giggle_bear:

12 hours ago, LauraYB said:

Hello, everyone! I'll just take this empty seat here in the shade w/ the rest of you! This is nice--good to see everyone. I've needed a vacation for quite a while.

I'll work on my Siggie/ATC after I've had a refreshing drink. Now where did that cabana boy go?

Aww Hi Laura! Good to see you again! Was just thinking about you the other day! Welcome aboard!

13 hours ago, LauraYB said:

Hello, everyone! I'll just take this empty seat here in the shade w/ the rest of you! This is nice--good to see everyone. I've needed a vacation for quite a while.

I'll work on my Siggie/ATC after I've had a refreshing drink. Now where did that cabana boy go?

Hey Laura! It's good to see you, it's been way too long!

We went to the 4th of July in DC in 2014 when we lived in Maryland. We saw the fireworks from a little park and they were fantastic! We weren't brave enough to go to the Mall to see them up close, way too many people!

Capital letter, got it!

Hey gals...I was just walking around the ship this morning.  Looks like the pool area is already getting crowded, I think everyone is trying to get their seat for the fireworks show tonight.  I put down about 10 chairs with some towels over them to save them for us tonight.  It's suppose to be a great show!  Do you think we can get the cabana boy to deliver drinks while we watch it?

3 minutes ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I can't find any photos on my computer from DC, so I have to give this one some thought.  Happy Fourth everyone.

Hey Joyce...I dont' think it has to be a photo of DC, but your using an extra large capital letter on your layout, it can be any photo.

Of course I could be wrong.  This is my first time on the tour (oops..maybe they will dump me out at the first port and leave me)

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

I would love to be at the pool right now it's very hot (not a complaint). Just let me put sunscreen on....I'm very tan but still like to use it. Let's watch the fireworks from the pool.

BBQ-yum one of my favorites.

1 hour ago, angleigh said:

Hey Joyce...I dont' think it has to be a photo of DC, but your using an extra large capital letter on your layout, it can be any photo.

Of course I could be wrong.  This is my first time on the tour (oops..maybe they will dump me out at the first port and leave me)

I knew that it didn't have to be.  I just wanted one if I could find it.

2 hours ago, goosie said:

Quick dip in the pool before I run off to update my siggy. It's obviously been awhile.  I hope I can find the instructions! Love the new blinkie!

Just ask if you have trouble Shari and someone will help!  I’m off to the BBQ now but will be back later.   I love your USA Blinkie it’s so festive!   Did you see the World Tour one too?   See you by the pool..  :happy-sun:

6 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

I'll join you Marilyn!! The pool sounds divine but I think I may have had too many drinks with the little umbrellas in them last night. :rofl:I'm behind on my tasks already! Hoping a little poolside relaxation will refresh me so I can get started. Now where did that hunky pool boy go? I need him to give me a massage, er rub some sun screen on my back. :giggle_bear:

Heehee, we’ve got a fun group here, let us know if you want to come pool deck, we’ll come get you.  :D
Me too behind, and I’m off to a BBQ!   Fun now, work later...  

5 hours ago, angleigh said:

HAHA, only overboard I ever saw on this ship was when one of us partied too hard and fell overboard, oops!    But, we always get them back onboard.... :D   The Captain is pretty easygoing on the layout requirements, the party behavior?   Not talkin’ ‘bout that!   

Camera http://store.scrapgirls.com/Fathers-Day-Collection-Biggie.html

Flip flops-http://store.scrapgirls.com/Suddenly-Summer-Embellishments-Biggie.html

Hat - http://store.scrapgirls.com/Plain-and-Simple-Collection-Mini.html  I don't wear hats so someone can have mine.

Cocktail - http://store.scrapgirls.com/Cocktail-Hour-Embellishment-Mini.html  a different glass for every night. Lots of water too it's very hot and we need to hydrate.

I'm going to the pool now...a nice icy drink would be nice....who is with me? I heard that the pool guy is working really hard to keep SG's happy.

7 hours ago, princessrunningfingers said:

I can't find any photos on my computer from DC, so I have to give this one some thought.  Happy Fourth everyone.

The layouts created during our World Team can feature any photos unless the instructions specifically ask for something.

25 minutes ago, A-M said:

The layouts created during our World Team can feature any photos unless the instructions specifically ask for something.

Thanks.  Actually I knew we could use any photos, but I just thought I had some of DC and wanted to try to use one of them.

1 hour ago, Boatlady said:

Camera http://store.scrapgirls.com/Fathers-Day-Collection-Biggie.html

Flip flops-http://store.scrapgirls.com/Suddenly-Summer-Embellishments-Biggie.html

Hat - http://store.scrapgirls.com/Plain-and-Simple-Collection-Mini.html  I don't wear hats so someone can have mine.

Cocktail - http://store.scrapgirls.com/Cocktail-Hour-Embellishment-Mini.html  a different glass for every night. Lots of water too it's very hot and we need to hydrate.

I'm going to the pool now...a nice icy drink would be nice....who is with me? I heard that the pool guy is working really hard to keep SG's happy.

I’m there and waiting for you Debby!

Just now, goosie said:

Whew, I finally got my new siggy to work with the World Tour blinkie  (blinking!). This calls for a drink and a dip in the pool! Make way, here I come!

Yay!! There’s quite a few lounge chairs left!

Archived