Jumpstart January 2023

April Showers

I'll be playing catch up this week. My mom fell and broke her pelvis. She's settled and stable at the hospital for now but we'll be moving her to rehab sometime next week.  I should have some downtime in the evening to scrap when I get home from the hospital. I hope anyway. 

9 hours ago, mimes1 said:

I'll be playing catch up this week. My mom fell and broke her pelvis. She's settled and stable at the hospital for now but we'll be moving her to rehab sometime next week.  I should have some downtime in the evening to scrap when I get home from the hospital. I hope anyway. 

Oh, no Amy - so sorry to hear this. 😪   Wishing your Mom a smooth rehab and healing.    And, please take care of yourself as best you can.   Sending hugs, my friend.  💜

13 hours ago, mimes1 said:

Oh, Amy, I am so sorry to hear this. This is such a serious injury for your mom, and I hope everything goes okay. I'll be thinking of you.

So sorry Amy it is so hard on us when our parents have problems. I wish her well and hope you can relax knowing she is in the care of professionals.

Jan 26

Task 22 added 2 papers.

Task 20 & 21
Many of the tutorials don't really work well for me since they are all geared toward Photoshop users and I use Affinity to create my layouts, but I was able to figure out something new about using brushes after reading this tutorial. 
https://scrapgirls.com/blog/5-fun-ways-to-use-stitching-brushes
"You can make perfectly straight lines by holding down the Shift key as you draw with your brush"  This also works in Affinity and I always struggled to create straight lines.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:09 AM, MariJ said:

I'm so far behind in tasks for this week and haven't gotten back to week one! 😱

I know what you mean, MariJ.  I am struggling to keep up as well.  I am only about a week behind but even at that with the month quickly coming to end I doubt I will catch up.  I am finding these "task a day" type challenge are just a bit too much for me so this may be the last one I try to do.  

1 hour ago, KristiM said:

Task 20 & 21
Many of the tutorials don't really work well for me since they are all geared toward Photoshop users and I use Affinity to create my layouts, but I was able to figure out something new about using brushes after reading this tutorial. 
https://scrapgirls.com/blog/5-fun-ways-to-use-stitching-brushes
"You can make perfectly straight lines by holding down the Shift key as you draw with your brush"  This also works in Affinity and I always struggled to create straight lines.

Good for you finding a tutorial that works for Affinity. Don't you love learning something new? (Like the shift key keeping your lines straight? Pretty cool!)

• Like 1

Ok, back in business here and playing catch up.

January 25th 
TASK 21

(Apparently I jumped the gun and not only picked my tutorial on the 24th, I tried it too on the last task.   But, I did more now)

One Click Selections with PSE 2020
I tried this tutorial, exciting!  I never knew I could select a subject like that, very cool and easy.  You have to have a photo that works, but mine did.  I also worked on and tried adding to and subtracting from your selection using the lasso tool.  It worked!  😊

January 26th
TASK 22

Layout started, papers added.

January 27th
TASK 23

Photos and embellishments added; I used the tutorial on the main photo.

January 28th
TASK 24

Title created using the Alpha from the Collection I'm using.

Ready for tomorrow's task!  

I used Jody West's tutorial for blending photo into background- I had so much fun messing around with this tutorial that I made 2 pages.  # one is horizontal gradient and #2 is Vertical.

One

Two