Scrap Girls World Tour 2023

April Showers

Count me in!!! I am ready to relax after all the stairs in the castles. William Wallace monument got me with over 250 steps. I am leaning my lounge chair all the way back. Nudge me when its time to roll over LOL Dont want an uneven tan. 🤣

• Haha 1

Sunday, September 24th

We’ve headed farther north and landed in Norway. We’ve arrived in Undredal, Norway. A small fishing village on the banks of the beautiful Aurlandsfjord, a branch of the much bigger Sognefjord in the very heart of the west Norwegian fjords. This captivating fjord village is tiny yet it's a treasure trove of enchanting landscapes, historic landmarks, and cultural riches. Goats outnumber people in Undredal, though they say the goat cheese is exceptional.

image.png
Choose the color palette for your layout from this photo.

Today we're visiting Fredrikstad, Norway

The star-shaped old town of Fredrikstad was founded in 1567 and is the best-preserved fortress town in Northern Europe. In well-preserved buildings and along cobbled streets you will find a blend of everyday life, art, history, quaint shops, museums, galleries, theatres and charming cafés. People have shopped here since 1640.
The star-shaped defense walls around the town are perfect for picnics and strolls.

image.png 

image.png  image.png

Add a star to your layout

• Like 1

Oh how beautiful, this looks like an awesome place to visit!  I think I'd quite like to do some shopping and browsing today, anyone up for that?   I hope that everyone behaves there, do you think that star wall will keep ScrapGirls behaving?  I thought I spotted someone in that water swimming!!!  🏊‍♀️  😱 

Tuesday, September 26th
For our last stop in Norway, we're visiting Tromsø, the capital of the Arctic. It is located right in the middle of Northern Norway. If your bucket list includes the northern lights, whale watching, the midnight sun, and epic nature adventures, you'll love this stop. 

image.png

Add a lighting effect or a style somewhere on your page.
Post your "Norway" page in the World Tour Gallery.

Oh, YES!  I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights, I think I'd brave the cold for that event!  
I had fun shopping yesterday, lots of souvenirs.    Anyone want to meet for breakfast,  I'm craving pancakes.  🥞  Anyone have an itinerary or how to spend the day? 

6 hours ago, MariJ said:

Oh, YES!  I have always wanted to see the Northern Lights, I think I'd brave the cold for that event!  
I had fun shopping yesterday, lots of souvenirs.    Anyone want to meet for breakfast,  I'm craving pancakes.  🥞  Anyone have an itinerary or how to spend the day? 

You dont even have to brave the cold LOL We stay inside the house with all the lights out or we get in the car and park in the middle of nowhere and turn the lights out.  Stay warm, and see amazing lights. 😍 I'll show you how to stay warm and see amazing cold places, just come see me ❤️

• Like 3

This stop on the world tour is amazing yet I am drawing a blank on what I want to do. I have lots of outdoor photos but yet they dont feel like what I want to scrap. Stars...... well, that throws me too LOL And lights. Norhterlights and cell camera dont equal good photos. Hmmmmmmm maybe its the head cold keeping me from thinking. Glad I can sit in the hot tub on deck and just watch the world go by while I think just who dressed up as a gnome and went swimming?  Could it me @MariJ?? She admitted she was the troublemaker of the bunch. Or was that just us who let her take the blame?  Hmmmmmmm who was dressed as a gnome????

• Haha 2

@Tracy hope you enjoyed your swim and was that @MariJ encouraging you from that wall 😱 anyway a hot tub soak is just what you need and you can gaze at the Northern Lights :) 

I've been to Tromso (just an amazing place) in the middle of summer so we watched the midnight sun but would love to see the Northern Lights. Loved the tour of Norway @April Showers as it brought lots of lovely memories back. We are going again in August and looking forward to it :) 

joining you for breakfast @MariJ those pancakes sound delicious :) 

• Like 4

Those northern lights were spectacular! (Thanks @Tracy for your keeping warm suggestions.) And pancakes were the perfect breakfast! I'm pretty sure I saw a goat running around the deck for a while, but I think he hopped off before we left. (Unless he's hiding with the horse! 😄)

I don't have any northern lights photos but just did a regular layout. Thanks for a fun Norway visit @April Showers!

Norway

• Like 1

I've been mesmerized by the Northern Lights for the past couple days - not sure where the days have gone! Tracy's report of just turning off the lights and watching the Northern Lights from home or from the car must just be the most magical thing ever. So now it's catch up time - been reading about gnomes and goats and lost horses! And Pancakes! Sounds like a yummy breakfast was had by all! 

• Like 2

Wednesday, September 27th  
We’re stopping off in Churchill, Canada. It may only be a small town of 1,000 residents, but Churchill draws huge crowds every year to see its most famous inhabitants, the polar bears. Nicknamed the “Polar Bear Capital of the World,” Churchill is located in the Manitoba province on the Hudson Bay shore.

image.jpeg

Start a new layout with a predominantly white background. 

• Like 1

Polar bears, how fun!   I'd guess they are playful and a sight to see.    Now, I sure hope that no ScrapGirls decide to go swimming or touch them.    😱    I know for sure you won't find me in that cold water.    And, we.  Can.   NOT.   Bring.  Home.  a BEAR!   😃

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MariJ said:

Polar bears, how fun!   I'd guess they are playful and a sight to see.    Now, I sure hope that no ScrapGirls decide to go swimming or touch them.    😱    I know for sure you won't find me in that cold water.    And, we.  Can.   NOT.   Bring.  Home.  a BEAR!   😃

Ummmm......... but........why not............ 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boatlady said:

I'm not real excited about my Norway page but I wanted to scrap this car I saw in the museum. Someday I want to see the Bonneville Salt Flats!

That would be fun!! I love your Norway page too. I love the car you scrapped. Super cool!!! 

7 hours ago, Tracy said:

Ummmm......... but........why not............ 🤣

@Tracy Ummm…you sound like you’ve done the polar Bear plunge a time or two before?? How fun!! I’d go with you, (but don’t want to get close to the bears) but would need something hot to drink immediately on exit!!! And a warm blanket!! Would love to give that a try alongside you, a tried and true Alaskan citizen! ❤️

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, mimes1 said:

@Tracy Ummm…you sound like you’ve done the polar Bear plunge a time or two before?? How fun!! I’d go with you, (but don’t want to get close to the bears) but would need something hot to drink immediately on exit!!! And a warm blanket!! Would love to give that a try alongside you, a tried and true Alaskan citizen! ❤️

Oh dear, I hate to disappoint but I haven't done a polar bear plunge. BUT growing up, I couldn't wait to go swimming in the lake and sometimes there would still be a bit of ice on the edge of the lake. But hey once cold you cant get colder so why not 🤣🤣🤣 Mostly I was asking why we couldn't bring home a bear??? 🤣  They're not as soft as expected though. Brown bears are the softest of the bunch.

5 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

@Tracy I'm certainly not up for a swim (has to be warm these days for me to swim) but I say yes to the bear, we can all give it a cuddle :) 

If I didn't swim in cold water, we would never swim 🤣🤣🤣🤣 However, I do like a good sauna after 😍

• Haha 2