Scrap Girls World Tour 2023

April Showers

10 hours ago, Tracy said:

Oh dear, I hate to disappoint but I haven't done a polar bear plunge. BUT growing up, I couldn't wait to go swimming in the lake and sometimes there would still be a bit of ice on the edge of the lake. But hey once cold you cant get colder so why not 🤣🤣🤣 Mostly I was asking why we couldn't bring home a bear??? 🤣  They're not as soft as expected though. Brown bears are the softest of the bunch.

OMG!   ICE.  In.   the.   WATER????    Oh no - that is not for a warm, summer-loving girl like me!   I can't even imagine.....

😱 🥶

• Haha 1

Brrr....  I can't believe how cold that water was! It's a good thing we had @Tracy with us to give us courage. And the ship's sauna afterwards helped too, of course. :D  I think I saw a polar bear looking longingly at the sauna, too. Too bad we decided to be good SG's and not bring him on board.
Oooh.... shopping in NYC! Count me in! But first I'll join everyone for breakfast. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MariJ said:

OMG!   ICE.  In.   the.   WATER????    Oh no - that is not for a warm, summer-loving girl like me!   I can't even imagine.....

😱 🥶

Ice water swim no thank you. I am spoiled here in FL with a pool at the club that is heated in winter and chilled in summer always about 85* I belongs in drinks🍹

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NYC, Shopping after that lets go to Rockafeller Center...so pretty there. I will do a side trip to  East River to watch the boats....who is with me?? stopping for coffee too.

11 minutes ago, Boatlady said:

NYC, Shopping after that lets go to Rockafeller Center...so pretty there. I will do a side trip to  East River to watch the boats....who is with me?? stopping for coffee too.

Lets go!!!! NYC scares me though LOL So many people!!!! Can we do broadway too???? If I make it to NYC I want to see it all! Fueled by coffee the whole way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Oh yes NYC, its on my bucket list :) @Boatlady i'm in, would love to see all of NY and take in the musical 'Hamilton' on Broadway @Tracy @MariJ

OOohhh, Hamilton on Broadway sounds good.  Tickets are still hard to get but I'm sure through the magic of the SG World Tour and Captain April it can be arranged...   😊

• Like 1

Friday, September 29th  

Our 2023 world tour is almost over! We took a few photos with the LOVE statue while out walking in the city. Yes, that is me in the photo.  (And of course we can go see Hamilton tonight)

image.jpeg

Add an Alpha or large title to your page. 
Post your completed Canada-NYC layout in the World Tour Gallery. 

• Like 1

NYC here we come. Thanks to the magic of SG we can see it all...lets go to Central Park too. Maybe the ferry over to see the Statue of Liberty, China town too so we can grab street food, I'd like to stop in the garment district to go back to the fabric dealers.  Lets go to Time Square too. I'd like to go the World Trade memorial too I have not been back to that area since the collapse. So much to do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, April Showers said:

Friday, September 29th  

Our 2023 world tour is almost over! We took a few photos with the LOVE statue while out walking in the city. Yes, that is me in the photo.  (And of course we can go see Hamilton tonight)

image.jpeg

Add an Alpha or large title to your page. 
Post your completed Canada-NYC layout in the World Tour Gallery. 

Fun pic of you and your daughter in NYC.

That's a great photo, April!   And, Debby has such wonderful ideas for things to do - we'd better start out early so we can do them all.
Maybe if we're kept busy there will be no shenanigans or any ScrapGirls getting into trouble?    Hmmmmmmmm.....

I do not want to have to deal with the New York City Police or have to make a quick getaway!   😱

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, MariJ said:

That's a great photo, April!   And, Debby has such wonderful ideas for things to do - we'd better start out early so we can do them all.
Maybe if we're kept busy there will be no shenanigans or any ScrapGirls getting into trouble?    Hmmmmmmmm.....

I do not want to have to deal with the New York City Police or have to make a quick getaway!   😱

I think we will be too busy for anyone to get in trouble besides we would miss seeing the sites...There are the piers on the Hudson river too. I sure hope we have to bad SG's today. Put on your walking shoes everyone!!!

• Like 1

I was born there but haven't been back in a while so this trip is great fun!  :waving-hi:  I'm enjoying seeing all the sights with my SG friends, and, so far, everyone is behaving..... I think. :fingers-crossed-39_75:    At least I haven't seen anyone hanging out of a tall building! 😮

Yay for Captain April getting us show tickets, too! 

Meanwhile, here's my Canada-NYC page. The fifth photo is blended into the background. 

I cant believe our world tour is coming to an end already. What a fun trip @April Showers Thank you so much for hosting the great trip! As soon as I saw the Canada stop and polar bear, I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap. Adding the extra photo threw me for a loop but I think it came out okay.  My just shy of 5'4" Grandpa was fearless and I wish I had listened more to his stories. @MariJ I did tell you I was bringing a bear home 🤣🤣🤣 Dont worry, he doesn't bite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow that seemed like a very quick trip. Thank you April for the wonderful trip. Looks like we have all the original travelers so no one was left behind in jail . So lets party and share our NYC fun adventures.  I really liked seeing the city it has been a few years since I have been there.

• Like 1

Sorry I was unable to finish the tour with you all.  I had to fly home on family business. ( this is not real - but I am busy with my volunteer work and my crafts I sell as it is coming on warmer weather so I needed to get lots of baby flip flops made.) 

Thankyou @April Showers  April for being our wonderful tour guide. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Florida granny said:

Captain April: Thanks so much for a wonderful World Tour! We had loads of fun.  :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

@Boatlady @Belle @Jane in N.Z @MariJ @mimes1 @Tracy and all the other SG travelers: It was great traveling with you. (And I'm glad the horse found its way back home....   and that the polar bear doesn't bite!) :D 

So sad it's come to an end. I love the world tours.

• Like 2